Quantcast
Carter faux nakiri - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carter faux nakiri

If I'm spending $400+, I don't want the word "faux" in the title.

(Not to mention it's ugly and must have been a mistake that for whatever reason wasn't recycled/discarded.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    It's only been up since Saturday. Two other high grades with custom handles in the same price range have sold - a funayuki and a wabocho.
    Oops, for some reason my ServSafe addled brain misread the date on this thread, thought it was from last year
    Either way, it makes me question Murray's overall quality control/business plan frankly...

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    Oops, for some reason my ServSafe addled brain misread the date on this thread, thought it was from last year
    Either way, it makes me question Murray's overall quality control/business plan frankly...
    I had a "Huh?" moment, myself, when I saw it. If I was a custom smith, I'm not sure I'd let that one out of my shop.

I'm no knifemaker, and far be it from me to judge somebody else's creations... But- what is going on here? I don't understand this at all...

Could be "one of a kind"...
    Dave
    Older and wider.

Quote Originally Posted by daveb View Post
    Could be "one of a kind"...
    Not the kind you should be selling for 400+

Yeah, not for me, and what is with the mark mid way through the blade? Anyhow, I don't like to knock Carter. The knife I have of his is one of my favorites, but this knife just doesn't sit well with my eyes. And for this one he puts a sexy handle on it???

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    And for this one he puts a sexy handle on it???
    I think that will be the only way to sell it. I too like my Carter, but not so high on his work after seeing this...wow!
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Nice handle. But its bocote. BOcote.

No ideas on this one. Clearly an accident, but probably one he liked the result of and wanted it to find a good home.

Not my style, that's for sure. However, Murray is one of my top makers, and one knife doesn't change that in the least.
    This knife proves two things to me: Murray CAN make sexy handles; and, he is either arrogant or playful enough to let this one sell to somebody (someone will pick it up), rather than putting it in the junk pile.

I like the guy's work, no love his work. I like his confidence. And I like bocote, dammit!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com