knife storage and travel

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumbaa

Reaction score
As I have accumulated and gained more knives and tools I have no idea how to store it all in an organized way. I am looking at a possibly a rolling box a cheap $100 for all my things. As far as traveling with my tools/knives I need something better than my 12 pocket messer. I carry around 8 knives, probe therm, pocket therm, peeler, sil pat full and 1/2 sheet sizes, chocolate tools, apple corer, and much more. Thanks for any advice.

Have u looked at ultimate edge that John sells? Someone has done a review om utube

I carry an ultimate edge for the knives and a husky soft side 14" tool bag from home depot for all my tools and gadgets...its a bit bulky.

been using one for 20 years, it works awesome and you can't wear it out. If you have sayas made you don't even need a knife roll.

[video=youtube;lsbIIQoJKCI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsbIIQoJKCI[/video]

I was between the Ultimate Edge and the thing Son has. I went for the 20 dollar bag and I love it. If you buy one the zipper padded things from Jon, you can keep certain things separate if you're into that. The bag can't fit the largest zipper case, though.

Now that I reread your post, it might be a little tight trying to fit all those things in there. You might be able to get away with it, though.

that ultimate edge looks great theory but i dont have the cash for that right now. i guess i will try what son recommended and go from there

Sso I ordered the bag son recommended quick question will this thing hold a 10'' knife

just ordered an ulitmate edge deluxe and i gotta say i love it.

=D

Those small canvas toolbags are great.I have a smaller one for electrical fixes,& a larger one for Basic hand tools.I bought another to carry my stones for a class I teach.

There was another thread recent that had a Cook's backpac, looked like a good idea if you don't mind backpacs.If you are carring alot of tools wt. weight it's nice to have a shoulder strap like the ultimate edge bag.Being an older person:rolleyes2:I appreciate things like shoulder straps

Back