Helluva day

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brainsausage

Reaction score
So I spent all day in a ridiculously annoying servsafe class, ran to work to finish some projects and found a couple nice little surprises waiting for me... MHenry's Sasanoah Takeda pass around(thanks again Mike for throwing me into the mix at the last minute), and a Watanabe kiritsuke customized by Marko featuring: the most comfortable handle I've ever laid my hand on, subtle Kasumi style finish, rounding of all the right surfaces, and an outstanding saya. The Kiri is courtesy of Rick and his rampant knife lust:D
Overall, a welcome relief to an otherwise frustrating day. Thanks guys:thumbsup:

Good luck on your servsafe, I've got one coming up. I'm sooooo not looking forward to it.

Now go forth and cut s#!t up!! Enjoy the knives, I love days that end like that. Congrats

Good luck on your servsafe, I've got one coming up. I'm sooooo not looking forward to it.

Thanks Knerd:) Fortunately the one I took was pared down to a one day class. And I found out the hard way that you can take classes online( just before we started testing some kid rolled in saying he was there for the test. My chef and I looked at eachother with a W T F look. The guy next to us said he heard that you could take the course online , and chef and I started cursing our general manager in unison ). The test was laughably easy.

Thanks Knerd:) Fortunately the one I took was pared down to a one day class. And I found out the hard way that you can take classes online( just before we started testing some kid rolled in saying he was there for the test. My chef and I looked at eachother with a W T F look. The guy next to us said he heard that you could take the course online , and chef and I started cursing our general manager in unison ). The test was laughably easy.

You dont even need to take the course online, you can just test out, and if you can find a proctor, take the test online too. While the test has always been fairly easy, this year they dumbed it down a little.

Thanks guys, I'm going to do some research on this, it would be awesome to not have to waste 2 days of my life for servsafe!

Well, fart. My state and or county doesn't accept the online education. The class must be administered by a registered instructor or dietician. I also cannot find anyone offering it except for in December which is not do-able. Now that it is a state requirement to have the class, one would think the class would be more readily available.
I love you, NC dept of health.

I've always sent my employees, and never had to take it myself. Now I'm at a private club, so its not required. So far I've been lucky.....

knerd contact amy bowen at cpcc harris campus she does a class every couple of weeks, there is one coming up this month.

That is some good mail!

I love those days, but I never get to keep them. :(

Back