Quantcast
Couple of HA items
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Couple of HA items

Couple of HA items

I'm tired of seeing this manufacturers name so hopefully these two items will be headed off to a new owner where they'll be enjoyed more than they are here.

HA Borosilicate (Glass) Honing Rod

This one has a 13" glass rod, has the (original style) birch handle, 1/4 section serrations (grooving) + 3/4 slick section, and a premium/rare English bridle sheath.

The slick section is used regularly for edge alignment, the grooving/serrations are used to save an edge or to keep it alive by scratching it slightly, and the leather sheath can be used for honing as well.

I personally have zero use for this tool but I'm sure that someone out there can put it to work. These have been a popular item that is very scarcely seen from the source.

New Retail Price - $109

My Price - $89 (shipping - but not insurance - included to CONUS)

HA Bench Hone

This is the 11" x 3" steel topped Dupont Corian base version. Included are 2 - HA bark tanned bovine leather pads (with magnetic backing). The leather pads are unused but in so so condition (some range marks seen too) and IMO will be better once treated. If I were to use them I'd first clean and condition them with some Goop hand cleaner before applying my compound(s). This conditioning brings this leather to top form, trust me I've done this hundreds and hundreds of times to this stuff.

In case you don't know how this system works, the leather pads are removable/ replaceable with any HA 11" x 3" currently available pads. You have one base and multiple pads if you desire.

*Note - The steel plates attached to the bases have a tendency to rust if left unprotected. This is a known problem. I waxed this one when I got it and you can see that it's fared OK in my use.

New Retail Price - $80

My Price - $65 (shipping - but not insurance - included to CONUS)

Please PM me if you're interested.

Thanks,
    Dave

I'd like to buy both of those items from you but for the life of me I seem unable to find a PM button to send a private messge to you about this.

you have to have 2 or 3 posts before you can pm, it's a spam protection. just say hi to a couple of folks, or post a few words multiple times on this thread.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    you have to have 2 or 3 posts before you can pm, it's a spam protection. just say hi to a couple of folks, or post a few words multiple times on this thread.
    Ahhh. Thank you! I was going nuts trying to decide I really wasn't albe to see the PM button.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    you have to have 2 or 3 posts before you can pm,
    Guess it's more than that. 5 still isn't enough.

that is strange...i thought it was 2 or 3 posts, but i can't pm you (paradox) either...oh yeah, welcome to the forum
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Guess it's more than that. 5 still isn't enough.
    Have you tried logging out and back in? Just taking a stab at things.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I'd like to buy both of those items from you but for the life of me I seem unable to find a PM button to send a private messge to you about this.

Well they're yours if we can connect...LOL

So yeah the guys are correct you only need 2 posts to use the PM feature. Go to the top of any page and click on "Notifications"

I'll also try sending you a PM too

Both Sold pending funds!

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. Got the PMs working and the funds are on the way to Dave for the gear.