Quantcast
All Purpose Recommendation Request - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All Purpose Recommendation Request

+1 for Kikuichi TKC. The steel is SEMI stainless, so it will get some greyish patina on it if you leave it dirty, and will rust if you really abuse / neglect it. The steel is actually really awesome though. Feels much more like carbon than stainless when sharpening and responds well to strops and hones. Factory edge geometry is pretty robust, but I thinned mine out quite a bit and still have no problem with durability.

I have really big hands and find the western handle on mine to be a little cramped on the underside so I eventually had it modified and re-handled.

I know that R ******* and C *** are dirty worlds on here, but the "Remedy" model is essentially a TKC, but with a (IMO) better handle, more robust blade, CPM154 (premium stainless, very tough, very wear and corrosion resistant) blade, and made in the USA. I beat the hell out of one (boned a chicken, cut rib bones, breast, spine, wings) and it didn't even flinch.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

My vote would go to the carbonext or akifusa