The Best Looking Nakiri I have ever seen

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
This has to be the best looking Nakiri I have ever seen.
And I get to keep this one. Since my birthday is at the end of the month, I am calling this an early Birthday Present.
Butch went way above and beyond anything I could have hoped for.
I don't have this in hand yet. Butch just sent me the photos today and the Nakiri will arrive in a couple days.
I am really excited about this one.
......and I get to keep it.

I sent Butch a piece of stabilized Koa and Bog Oak. As an afterthought I told him that I liked the look he gets with hammered copper like he has done on some of his knives in the past.
This is what he came up with.

1-41.jpg

2-17.jpg

3-12.jpg

I really like the way copper and Koa look together.
Butch has been using a lot of my wood since the very beginning.
He even makes the mediocre wood look great.
Not bad at making knives either.
Just teasing, I have loved just about everything I have seen of his.

Thank You Butch!
You made my day.
:shocked3:

Killer! That thing looks so awesome. Congrats to you Mark, I'll bet you can't wait to get it and use it. My hat is off to Butch again, stunning work for sure.

Butch's workmanship and fit up on his handles are second to none. Looks great!

That's a stunner! I can't get over home masculine and beautiful that knife is at the same time. My girlfriend saw it and said "that's a man's knife". You're a lucky guy Mark!

Very well done. I particularly the looks of Butch's nakiris and this one blows away the pics of ones I've seen that preceded it.

Wow. I have all this wood, and now I think, "What's the point?"
Maybe it's just that my wood is mediocre . . .

Wow great looking nakiri the handle looks to have a really good finish too

I'm a sucker for copper, and that thing is stunning. The slit where the machi enters the handle is so clean...love it!

Well, that's just great! I was perfectly happy with my Harner nakiri until now, thank you very much. :razz:

Absolutely gorgeous, but the real fun will begin when you start cutting stuff with it. :thumbsup: Congratulations!

Beautiful! :D

Man, seeing all of these knives with these amazing handles makes me want to rehandle mine.

THats is FREAKINg Gorgeous!!! I love the hammered copper !!!

Back