Young buck ...Getting Creative

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoanRoks29

Reaction score
So since I have joined the forum I have found this new obsession with the knife handles. I have been seeing the most amazingly talented people make the most incredible handles, and on top of that, making these knives a deadly work of art. Now myself I am a little broke at the time and am saving up money to get a new knife hopefully a nice blue super unsure still.( we will have to see how much I save before I get too antzy!) I am also saving up to rehandle said knife but untill then I decided to take one of my old knives and give it a little personality! a Poor mans re- handling !! So I have a shun classic 8" chef knife I have been working with for a while now, I have been keep her razor sharp and decided to etch it. Then after staring at it for a while I decided I was gonna change the look of the knife. So this is my new shun!
1003121345a_zpse53abe2f.jpg
[/IMG]
So what do you think?

Not bad Looks interesting but what is that? Is it red paint?

Is it paint?

It looks, at least in the picture, like Bakelite(which it surely is not). Whatever it is, it looks neat. Etch came out great.

paint or some kind of wrap... maybe epoxy resin?

and yeah, the etch looks great

It is just regular Paint. My girl friend is a "artist" but has a bunch of random paint laying around. So I roughed up the handle a bit and gave her ( the knife not my girl friend) a good painting. Then I put a layer or two of sealant on it. Hopefully that with keep it from chip and flaking for a while. I am glad you guys like it hahaha!

Back