Quantcast
Customer Complaint - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Customer Complaint

Some people should stick to low maintenance poly boards, but then they can't put their hot pans on those either . Do you think a common complaint would be about melting your own board as opposed to, my board just cracked..... what did you do? Wood requires care, if you have a nice wood deck you take care of it, same as your nice wood cutting board, not willing to take care of your nice things? Get not so nice things. Some people cannot accept this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    IME, making light of customers expectations is pretty common. It's usually reserved for the backroom and amongst friends.

I think it's safe to say Dave is among friends here.
    A public forum theoretically available to 6.9 billion people is not exactly "the backroom." Regardless of the merits of this particular complaint, mocking this customer on the web shows a distinct lack of professionalism in my opinion.

I shouldn't get involved, but he needed to vent. He vented. It's over...c'mon guys, it's not worth fighting over.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I must have read this wrong. I can't see where he mocked anybody. He wrote that a customer had a complaint, he showed the defect and said he gave them a refund. How is that mocking.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    I must have read this wrong. I can't see where he mocked anybody. He wrote that a customer had a complaint, he showed the defect and said he gave them a refund. How is that mocking.
    The original post said the crack was "Surely large enough for a steak to get lost in." Sounds like mocking to me.

I thought the snarky statement was hilarious. Just my opinion. Certainly nothing to get riled up about and I think the fact that the board was taken back after a weeks worth of use and abuse is a testament to the great customer service of our forum member/ craftsmen.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Fed View Post
    I thought the snarky statement was hilarious. Just my opinion. Certainly nothing to get riled up about and I think the fact that the board was taken back after a weeks worth of use and abuse is a testament to the great customer service of our forum member/ craftsmen.
    +1 ...and he didn't crack on the customer only the perception of the board...more than anything, I'm impressed he returned the money for a used cutting board!
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    I shouldn't get involved, but he needed to vent. He vented. It's over...c'mon guys, it's not worth fighting over.
    No "fighting" is intended with this reply.

I guess I don't think that a public forum presented as a point of customer contact for someone doing business is the proper place for that business to "vent" about their customer interaction. It also seems like doing so is pushing the limit of the ToU here. I intend to be a Boardsmith customer at some point which is why I asked my questions the way I did.

I understand what you are saying as to the intimate feel of this forum but I just don't know if that really flies. I was really hoping that the reply we got from Dave would have a much different tone and would have setteled it. <shrug>

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I guess I don't think that a public forum presented as a point of customer contact for someone doing business is the proper place for that business to "vent" about their customer interaction.
    I just gotta say this entire site works very hard to NOT be a point of contact for business. It's a community of people to share and BS together, including the vendors. The goal of a vendor forum is to gain valuable non-monetary assets from the community(expert feedback, fresh ideas, QC, support, etc), not to make or keep customers.

I agree with Salty. This site may have lots of visitors, but 99.999% of people on this planet will never even hear of it. You can't just talk to the shop dog all the time.

I guess as a new guy I didn't realize that the Vendor and Membership Terms of Use ToU statement was just window dressing then? It seems to detail the intent of these "Vendors - Sales & Services" forum rooms as points of customer contact pretty clearly. Maybe after being around for a while I'll get it?

+ Reply to Thread