The Bucther Works Sheffield

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steeley

GoogleFu San
Founding Member
Reaction score
The Butcher Works where the maker Wade & Butcher made there wares of razor's, knives and cleavers and many more items .
like a lot of old cutlery factories they fell in to disrepair and in great need of restoration.
zmJJf.jpg
[/IMG]

Ky0m7l.jpg
[/IMG]

grinder room
mDuRCl.jpg
[/IMG]

this is what it would look like in the grinding hull 1900
ZcGjEl.png
[/IMG]

2uyaY.png
[/IMG]

maker marks
LH43el.jpg
[/IMG]

tNXcG.jpg
[/IMG]

By 1822 the brothers William and Samuel Butcher had already established the butcher works as a significant producer of edge tools and cutlery in Sheffield. Trade had reached the far corners of the globe by the 1850s, with the main market being America where a New York office was established. Following the deaths of the brothers by 1870, the company retracted in size and the safety razors became a major part of the business until the trade mark was disposed of in 1950s

And now today with much help from people who won't let it go to the wrecking ball
the first floor is retail shops and bistro and bakery and the top floors are posh flats.
sKyxz.jpg
[/IMG]

mM8Pm.jpg
[/IMG]

ylGfB.jpg
[/IMG]

oh if your interested about Wade & butcher razor shaving here is a good friend of the forum.
[video=youtube;Z5yHg05l7P0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5yHg05l7P0&feature=share&list=UUAZRGsUI77NFWRMVGa1xLBA[/video]

Aww yeah!
:headbang:

That is so sweet! I would love to even hang out there.

Ack who is that ugly bugger :p

Now I would LOVE to find a bone cleaver from W&B.... I didn't need to see this :p

Back