Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My new BBQ pit

Quote Originally Posted by Ratton View Post
    Hi There,

That's on fine looking pit and I'm sure your's will look great in camo!!!!!

What state do you mostly compete in??

Make sure you send us a picture when you get yours!
    I cook in Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Kansas, and Missouri (for now!!)

Where do you get something like that, that thing looks really cool.

Thanks
    Jared

Dang, that is nice. But I'm more interested in what comes out it. I need some brisket pics.

You're a lucky man. The 22.5 inch WSM is on my "to buy" list; a Jambo is on my "dream" list. Good luck this season!

Michael
    KCBS Certified Judge

Hey guys, hope this is kinda the right place to ask this...

I want to build a brick BBQ pit/oven/workstation off the back deck. Now I kinda know how I want it to work, but maybe I can save myself some grief, by looking for design ideas from some of you pro's. What I want to have is an area for grilling, a decent sized wood heated oven, a prep surface, and I think a smoke stack of some sort. Any one got pics of theirs, or dplans/sketches? Does the type of brick matter, I think I can get some 50 year old salvaged bricks...

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Quote Originally Posted by PierreRodrigue View Post

I want to build a brick BBQ pit/oven/workstation off the back deck. Now I kinda know how I want it to work, but maybe I can save myself some grief, by looking for design ideas from some of you pro's. What I want to have is an area for grilling, a decent sized wood heated oven, a prep surface, and I think a smoke stack of some sort. Any one got pics of theirs, or dplans/sketches? Does the type of brick matter, I think I can get some 50 year old salvaged bricks...
    I will try and look up some sites that I recall having barbecue designs and layouts. For barbecues and ovens, my understanding is that you want to use untreated bricks since you will be burning at a high temperature and you don't want any harmful chemicals in the bricks to burn off into your food (and you).

For wood burning ovens, check out Slice (on Serious Eats). There are some profiles of people who made their own wood burning ovens there.

This is definitely the right place to ask this...

Damn nice looking setup. Show us the pics when it arrives.

Show us pics of what you cook with it. This is NOT a request... I want to see what comes out of that thing.

Oh, and please share the recipes... <---this is definitely a request =)

Wow, a Jambo, I'm jealous! Please post up pics when it's ready.

I'm in the process of building a 250 gallon trailer smoker. I don't know why, as I don't do comps and I don't cater, but I have the equipment and the tank was free so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by PierreRodrigue View Post

Pierre:

Here's one website that might be of help. http://www.fornobravo.com/

Forno Bravo makes pizza ovens of various sizes. I saw some links on the left hand side of the website that might have some information you're looking for.

Thanks, I found this one. Kinda what I was thinking, but not how I want it...
    http://www.traditionaloven.com/wp-co...-grill-bbq.jpg

Maybe in a little more of a lazy "L" shape.

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com