Quantcast
What to do with Apple Pie Moonshine
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do with Apple Pie Moonshine

What to do with Apple Pie Moonshine

My sisters boy friend gave me a jar of what is supposed to be Apple Pie flavored moonshine, disregarding for the moment how this could actually be considered moonshine, I am having a hard time coming up with something worthwhile to do with this stuff. It has a stick of cinnamon in it, and evidently some sort of apple flavoring.
    Does anyone have any ideas for this stuff?
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

I believe there was a reference to such a concoction last year in an FX TV show about a cop in Kentucky or somewhere.
    The maker (the TV character) drank some and died.

To be safe, you should send it for testing. My lab is always open, and conveniently situated down the coast.

I would probably mix it with some maple syrup and pour it over my bread pudding...

Stefan

It is most likely 190 proof Everclear (grain alcohol) with apple juice/cider and spices in it to make it taste like apple pie filling. Google the recipe you will find many. I don't drink but I am told that if made properly it is truly like taking a shot of an "apple pie" that happens to make you loopy. Everyone that I know of that drinks it does so by the shot.

Stefan's suggestion sounds yummy.

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Drink it. Cipcich you are talking about Justified, one of my favorite shows. He died when he drank it because they poisoned it, not because it was poison. Good show.
    Jason

Hmmm. Send it to Son. Although I am not sure I would like to see the results if he had too much.

I just did a little googling on apple pie moonshine, and evidently this is a common concoction in some locales! Whodathunkit?
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Idathunkit! I have been distilling hard cider longer than most of you damn yankees have been alive; it is a major component in my 4F Barbeque sauce for beef brisket. (It is a Class A Federal Offense to make it, posess it, move it across state lines, and sell, give away, or otherwise distribute it; the BATF WILL write everything up seperately!) Incidentally, the preferred method of imbibing is to hook your thumb in the brown and white ceramic jug, slide your elbow and forearm under same, then lifting the jug skyward taking a BIIIIG swallow, holding back any coughing or other wussy strangulation. Prase be sour apple mash!!!!!

Having said that, I would be EXTREMELY careful whoose hooch I chugged; there is some bad stuff out there.

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!!
    A barbeque believer will not profane pork by boiling, liquid-smoking, submeging in sous-vide, or affirm with those who do.

This is totally irrelevant as this stuff is in a mason jar. And it is not distilled from apple juice, it just has apple juice added to it, so it looks like a corporate bastardazation of real home cooking, sorta like Cambells soupinacan.
    I think you should send me a jug so that I can enlighten my western yankeeish self about true southern booze!
    Spike C
    Pirsig

This isn't that crap they mass market out of Gatlinburg is it?

-AJ