What to do with Apple Pie Moonshine

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpikeC

Founding Member
Reaction score
My sisters boy friend gave me a jar of what is supposed to be Apple Pie flavored moonshine, disregarding for the moment how this could actually be considered moonshine, I am having a hard time coming up with something worthwhile to do with this stuff. It has a stick of cinnamon in it, and evidently some sort of apple flavoring.
Does anyone have any ideas for this stuff?

I believe there was a reference to such a concoction last year in an FX TV show about a cop in Kentucky or somewhere.
The maker (the TV character) drank some and died.

To be safe, you should send it for testing. My lab is always open, and conveniently situated down the coast.

I would probably mix it with some maple syrup and pour it over my bread pudding...

Stefan

It is most likely 190 proof Everclear (grain alcohol) with apple juice/cider and spices in it to make it taste like apple pie filling. Google the recipe you will find many. ;) I don't drink but I am told that if made properly it is truly like taking a shot of an "apple pie" that happens to make you loopy. Everyone that I know of that drinks it does so by the shot.

Stefan's suggestion sounds yummy.

Hmmm. Send it to Son. Although I am not sure I would like to see the results if he had too much.:scared4:

I just did a little googling on apple pie moonshine, and evidently this is a common concoction in some locales! Whodathunkit?

Idathunkit! I have been distilling hard cider longer than most of you damn yankees have been alive; it is a major component in my 4F Barbeque sauce for beef brisket. (It is a Class A Federal Offense to make it, posess it, move it across state lines, and sell, give away, or otherwise distribute it; the BATF WILL write everything up seperately!) Incidentally, the preferred method of imbibing is to hook your thumb in the brown and white ceramic jug, slide your elbow and forearm under same, then lifting the jug skyward taking a BIIIIG swallow, holding back any coughing or other wussy strangulation. Prase be sour apple mash!!!!!

Having said that, I would be EXTREMELY careful whoose hooch I chugged; there is some bad stuff out there.

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!! :IMOK:

This is totally irrelevant as this stuff is in a mason jar. And it is not distilled from apple juice, it just has apple juice added to it, so it looks like a corporate bastardazation of real home cooking, sorta like Cambells soupinacan.
I think you should send me a jug so that I can enlighten my western yankeeish self about true southern booze!

This isn't that crap they mass market out of Gatlinburg is it?

-AJ

It's from Madison NC, "Junior Johnson's Midnight Moon".

Bet it's really similar. Donate it to a sorority.

-AJ

This is totally irrelevant as this stuff is in a mason jar. And it is not distilled from apple juice, it just has apple juice added to it, so it looks like a corporate bastardazation of real home cooking, sorta like Cambells soupinacan.
I think you should send me a jug so that I can enlighten my western yankeeish self about true southern booze!

Juice? JUICE?! You can't HANDLE the juice!!!!

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!! :D

How about using it to make some sort of flaming apple crisp desert?

A snort sounds good right about now - I have a quart of the stuff coming my way later.

I'd use it in steaming some seafood.

k.

:doublebanghead:
THEN PUT IT IN THE SOUS-VIDE!!!! Must you profane that which is holy to me?! Heatherens! YANKEE HEATHERENS!!!

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!!! :D

:doublebanghead:
THEN PUT IT IN THE SOUS-VIDE!!!! Must you profane that which is holy to me?! Heatherens! YANKEE HEATHERENS!!!

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!!! :D

Sorry Hax, I didn't know that was holy to you ;) For some reason I ran into a recipe a little while back that used an alcohol when steaming clams and it crossed my mind. BUT with that said, I must tell you that I did my undergraduate schoolin' in Danville, KY -- so I am not completely a Yankee Heatheren.

k.

Ain't North niether!!!

Sorry Hax, I didn't know that was holy to you ;) For some reason I ran into a recipe a little while back that used an alcohol when steaming clams and it crossed my mind. BUT with that said, I must tell you that I did my undergraduate schoolin' in Danville, KY -- so I am not completely a Yankee Heatheren.

k.

For a collEge-educated Danville Drinky, you don't deduce dangerous decisions. :justkidding:

Kentucky ain't South.

-AJ

It was a border state and technically north, but tell that to Kentucky people and you will hear a lot more about what is what, and this and that. But I think it was the spirit of Henry Clay that tipped the balance politically to the north. ;)

k.

It's from Madison NC, "Junior Johnson's Midnight Moon".

Junior Johnson really was a moonshiner back in the day, before he helped found Nascar. Maybe his family had some input on the recipe. lol He'd be rolling in his grave. Everybody knows you drink straight or with a little cool aid.

After we moved to Washington State, someone commented on my accent. I told them I was from the South. They thought I meant California. :scratchhead:

After we moved to Washington State, someone commented on my accent. I told them I was from the South. They thought I meant California. :scratchhead:

only six more posts and we'll see what happens.

It was a border state and technically north, but tell that to Kentucky people and you will hear a lot more about what is what, and this and that. But I think it was the spirit of Henry Clay that tipped the balance politically to the north. ;)

k.

You can't be one state removed from Canada and call yourself in the South, unless your from Canada. :razz:

-AJ

Back