Media Video Views

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty dog

Reaction score
I'm semi-retired from making videos but I just noticed I passed 1/2 million views. It may have taken five years but it's kinda cool.

Don't know why you would semi retire, except for time. I'm sure others besides myself enjoy them! Congrats on the milestone! Thats I guess a half million reasons to keep it up!

Pierre

I love ur video! I think I watch 50+ times:D please keep it up!:hungry:

I stopped making videos when I stopped working the line. Since then I have noticed a difference in quality, moral, efficiency and details in the kitchen. So I recently decided I have to get back in the game. There may be more videos in the future. In the mean time I'm going to have to sharpen my knives and skills. It's been awhile.

That is pretty neat. Congrats on the view count! Which vid has the highest count?

A motorcycle video.

Although if I made the "naked cutting" video public I'd probably be over a million.:nono:

Be careful when cutting naked, make sure your cutting board goes past the waist line, don't want to cut the wrong thing.:justkidding::doublethumbsup:

No but I like your videos as well, hope to see some more.

Just checked. Delbert Ealy Gyuto has passed up Honda Fury with Mayhems. 33K+

I really dug the grind by potato stiction vid, and the clay block was ingenious. Both groundbreaking...

As long as we're reminiscing, I loved the marbling ribeye vid. Tried it for a special using cured lardo, herbs, shallot, garlic last week and it was great. Thanks for the videos, you are very good at them Salty.

I hope you keep making vids, Scott. Some of the best anywhere on the web. Not only fun and entertaining, but informative. Keep at it!

As long as we're reminiscing, I loved the marbling ribeye vid. Tried it for a special using cured lardo, herbs, shallot, garlic last week and it was great. Thanks for the videos, you are very good at them Salty.

+1

I hope you keep making vids, Scott. Some of the best anywhere on the web. Not only fun and entertaining, but informative. Keep at it!

+1

or is it +2? I enjoyed all of them that I have seen...which is at least 1 shy of of all of them (note the ironic word choice :razz:). Stylistically strong, minimalistic, and a demonstration of incredible equipment use with incredible skill...I certainly did NOT make a video of my (failure at) replicating the STT (Salty Tomato Test).

I don't remember which knife you're reviewing, but about a minute in you start talking about how long/dirty your fingernails are. Really cracked me up. I also like one of the more recent ones where you make an onion your ***** and then throw the knife at the board. Good stuff.

I also like some of the older vids you did before you pulled them after the s**t hit the fan... miss those.

This one was helpful for me:

[video=youtube;Rx1U-bja3i8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Rx1U-bja3i8[/video]

Oh wait, I know what you're talking about. I only lurked over there, never posted, but I recall them losing a bunch of info at some point. Thanks for jogging my memory.

Back