Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from Norway

Hello from Norway

Hello to all of you.

I became a member of this forum mainly to get help to buy a couple of good knifes, at least a chef knife. I work as a chef app, and my sous-chef has this Hattori KD which is of course a f***** nice knife. Since I don't have the time, drive, money or whatever to find a KD I wonder which knife out there is the best on the market and available with little wait? I am looking for a traditional looking western chef knife, 20-24 cm, with a great Japanese blade. Should I go for something on the JCK website, any tips?

Regards

Welcome to the Knut House! I have confidence that you will be getting a few suggestions on this...........
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by lechef View Post
    Hello to all of you.

I became a member of this forum mainly to get help to buy a couple of good knifes, at least a chef knife. I work as a chef app, and my sous-chef has this Hattori KD which is of course a f***** nice knife. Since I don't have the time, drive, money or whatever to find a KD I wonder which knife out there is the best on the market and available with little wait? I am looking for a traditional looking western chef knife, 20-24 cm, with a great Japanese blade. Should I go for something on the JCK website, any tips?

Regards
    EDIT: Price is not so important. This is an investment for me so I am ok with spending 0-1000$. For me the quality is the most important.

Welcome! You will be fine with JCK; have a look Jon Broida's site as well, though.

There are tons of great knives to be had in the scope of your criterias
    If you are close to the capital, feel free to contact me to try out any of the ones I have in my collection.
    Perhaps that can help you find a knife to your liking.

Welcome! That's a very generous budget you're working with. I'd look towards some of the custom makers that contribute to this forum. As well as JCK and JKI. Both have great customer service. Good luck on your quest!

Greetings! I am sure you will find something you like. And that offer from Birnando is very kind.

Cheers
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Halla, I have a few to choose from also, if you wish to view them first.

But I dont have soooo many western handles.

Thank you, I will use some time to do some research on this. Have used a MAC so far and want something really good that can last some years.