Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echerub

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to all the folks north of the border!

I'm preparing a nice 5-course meal tonight. Gonna get started after I grab a small bite to eat for myself first :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

I got the day off, will do nothing but lie in bed and eat instant noodles and crackers.

We will have our lupper (lunch/supper a term my wife coined for a mid afternoon meal time) on Monday. She is cooking the main meal, im doing deserts. Simple apple pies, and butter pecan, not a pumpkin pie fan at all. My wife is doing a pineapple glazed ham, scalloped potatoes, a rice dish, and likely a couple vegetable dishes.

Not a huge family gathering, my sister in law, and her husband will be coming as well.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy TG to you guys too!

Len, I'm not fond of your title which should just be 'Happy Thanksgiving!' Did you know that Thanksgiving exisited in Canada prior to the US? The newfangled US version should be called 'American Thanksgiving.' :angel2:

I'm preparing a nice 5-course meal tonight. Gonna get started after I grab a small bite to eat for myself first :)

No details on the menu? (Hmm... Based on the food I know you like, I'm imagining it must include sashimi, spiced hummus and something Sichuan. No? :drool:)

Happy Thanksgiving!! THis is the first year that i am not allowed to help with thanksgiving dinner so i have no idea what the menu is.:(

Ah, menu for tonight's dinner here will be...

Cream of carrot soup
Salad with little "pizza-lets" on the side
Cumin-oregano roast chicken w/ sweet potatoes
Braised pork cheek w/ paprika roast potatoes
Cheesecake & ice cream (both store-bought)

And yeah, I bought a whole salmon yesterday so I'm going to snack on some salmon sashimi before dinnertime :D

Fileting that sucker was good fun. Broiling the "odds and ends" on that 10-lb fish left over from fileting was enough as a small dish on its own for dinner yesterday. Yum!

Ah, menu for tonight's dinner here will be...

Cream of carrot soup
Salad with little "pizza-lets" on the side
Cumin-oregano roast chicken w/ sweet potatoes
Braised pork cheek w/ paprika roast potatoes
Cheesecake & ice cream (both store-bought)

And yeah, I bought a whole salmon yesterday so I'm going to snack on some salmon sashimi before dinnertime :D

Fileting that sucker was good fun. Broiling the "odds and ends" on that 10-lb fish left over from fileting was enough as a small dish on its own for dinner yesterday. Yum!

Eo-hoo! Sounds like you guys will have leftovers for the week. Bon appetit!

Back