• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

5 240mm Gyutos

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh

Reaction score
5 Gyutos for sale. Each comes with a box, shipping to Canada. $15 extra to ship to the US.

Kono HD Wa 240mm with cherry handle and standard saya $200 (old shape)

Moritaka aogami super Wa 240mm $120

Devin Thomas 52100 Wa 240mm $400

Martell Wa 240mm $380

Hattori VG10 western 240mm $120. I will fix the tip upon request.

Kochi 240mm Migaki Wa-Gyuto $260

image.jpg

Josh, would you take a trade/money for the Martell? I'm interested!

That martell is super nice. Wish the timing was better!!!

Perfect profile, and Dave knows grinds. Makes sense :)

Darn it - That's what I get for posting this while supposedly helping with turkey dinner. it is 6!!

Martell is SPF. Please - no trades - that would defeat the purpose this time around. I'm buying a new motorcycle, and a tidy up (not clean house) of knives is a good show of faith to wifee - we spent a lot of $$$ this year!

Incidentally, what bike do you plan on buying?
Yamaha Stratoliner.
Current bike is a FZ1
Last bike was a Roadstar. Don't want to go Roadstar again (great bike, just want to keep things a little different) - I'm a Yamaha guy. I looked at a FatBoy, but the reliability just isn't at the same level as Yamaha. Specifically - tube tires.

There are three types of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.

k.

Good stuff...

If this was listed months back, I would have bought three of these...still getting back on my feet, though.
Best of luck.

If this was listed months back, I would have bought three of these...still getting back on my feet, though.
Best of luck.

which three?:scratchhead: let me guess.....DT, Kochi & Martell???:groucho:

I love the Martell and Moritaka, but those look like they have already been claimed.

Great buy on the Martel, whoever got it. I recently got one myself from BST and I now believe that you can't count yourself a true gyuto knut unless you've experienced one.

I'm assuming that the DT is one of the ITK knives from **** and not a custom correct?

Hi - Getting some great questions, which is highlighting the need for more pics and details.

Martell - the makers mark etching is not perfect. There is a single light scratch on one side of the blade - Considering I only stropped the knife on a finishing stone this would be a very light, not deep scratch.

Moritaka - glad to see some interest in this knife. The kurouchi finish was actually starting to flake off in places, so I had to remove some of the trouble spots. There's light rusting on exposed cladding, of which I will clean up, oil and ensure the knife is sharpened. I'll soak the stones now, and post-sharpening, post a picture showing the blade on my cutting board, looking for issues driven by a bad grind.
.View attachment 10462View attachment 10463View attachment 10464

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 31
There are three types of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.

k.

I thought there were 10 types of people in the world: those who can read binary and those who can't...?

Anyone wanting to see the DT Petty and Gyuto in one picture, here you go!
IMG_0010.jpgIMG_0011 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Hi - since posting the Martell pic, Dave has graciously offered to clean up the makers mark, remove the patina, and sharpen it up. I'm happy to pay for any additional shipping required to make this work.

Thanks Dave!

Ahem...Kochi. Ahem
Agreed Lefty - the Kochi is a fantastic knife. If the reality of not needing so many gyutos hadn't have hit me, I'd be keeping this one (along with the Shig).

OK I'm back with more on the Moritaka. I've sharpened and cleaned it. Here's the pics that the knife after a sharpening, it has not lost it's edge profile due to grind issues. The best way I can think to show this-- place a light behind the blade, and rock the knife forward from heel to tip. If light escapes between the areas of the edge touching the board, we have issues. No issues seen on this knife. If there's a better way to show this, let me know. Knife is oiled up, ready to go!
.IMG_0025.jpgIMG_0026.jpgIMG_0027.jpg

Sorry, but which if any are still available?
thanks

Moritaka sold
thanks kkf!!

Latest posts

Back