• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S Dave Martell Hiromoto 240mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stereo.pete

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

This is the first time I've ever sold a knife and it is only because I have to. I had an unexpected expense come up and unfortunately there isn't enough in the piggy bank. I thought long and hard and if I had to choose one knife that was worth something that I could bare to let go (no offense Dave), it would be my Hiromoto with a custom handle from Dave. This was from his first run of re-handles and sadly enough has never even been used. It still has the original famous Dave (no relation to the BBQ joint) sharpening job. I also picked up a Marko poplar saya and that will be bundled with the knife. Long story short it is in brand new condition except for a couple of my finger prints.

I am asking $225 for the knife and saya shipped to anywhere in the continental U.S.A.

hiro1h.jpg

hiro2b.jpg

hiro3r.jpg

hiro4g.jpg

Thanks for looking and sorry I am not looking for any trades at this time.

Regards,

Pete

oh crap! I have too many expenses myself or I'd jump on it. Hope things get better.

That's an awesome deal! Someone should get on this! Marko's sayas are awesome, by the way. And he's not taking orders for them any more.

What wood is the handle? Has it held up well?

That's an awesome deal! Someone should get on this! Marko's sayas are awesome, by the way. And he's not taking orders for them any more.

What wood is the handle? Has it held up well?

The wood is Redwood Lace Burl and has been oiled regularly so it's in good shape.

That's an awesome deal! Someone should get on this! Marko's sayas are awesome....

damnn....if I'm not already bought one from Dan, I'll buy the knife just because Marko's sayas!!

The saya and handle alone are worth the asking price.

Good luck with the sale, Pete.

Expenses are never fun, but unexpected expenses are the worst!

With a heavy heart I must say this is sold and shipped today...

Solid and noble knife.

I think you knew you were going to, with this sale =)

Back