Quantcast
Togiharu Knife Passaround! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Togiharu Knife Passaround!

Mari--

My pleasure! As I said, it was a nice knife to use.

Geometry usually means (at least as I understand it) the cross-section of the knife if you were holding it perpendicular to your body and looking down the handle to the tip (or from the tip to the handle). This usually encompasses the thickness of the knife, the height of the knife, and--maybe most importantly--the grind of the knife from the spine to the edge.

Best regards,
    David

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Received today, very beautiful knife. Can't wait to give it a go. I can't believe it has been sent around the country.
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    You don't think we'd make sure you got your turn? That hurts, dude.
    I knew I would get a turn, I just couldn't find a smiley I liked.
    Chewie's the man.

FYI, the knife arrived today.

Great! Thanks for letting me know. Enjoy~

Togiharu

When I got this knife it looked like it hadn't been passed around yet, so new.
    I went an looked at the steel which is a molly blend, which in my mind went to
    Global knives. (sorry but that is my ah-ha knife) I was looking forward to using
    this blade at work to see if it would hold up to a Global standard in my mind.

Fit and finish

You can get Globals for cheaper, but not in this length. Also the metal is about
    all that Globals have in common with the Togiharu that I had. The scales were fit
    very well except in one spot that I thought was due to lack of humidity. On one side of
    choil there seemed to be a small burr that can rub a little wrong with some long
    period use. But these are very slight, I don't think a casual user would have seen
    the two things I saw.

The edge

I have never had a edge with a what I want to call a 80/20 bevel. I am in awe with
    how well this looked and worked. I could see no steering at all when used. When I
    first looked I didn't notice at all was just worried how sharp it was. Which wasn't
    to bad at all. I just did a light strop on loaded cardboard on the back side and
    it was arm hair shaving sharp. The edge held up all week on my poly boards at work.
    There was no need for any kind of sharpening or maintenance at all.

Over all

I was very amazed at what I had received and very happy to have tried it out. It
    went through tomatoes with out a problem, but sharpened to high to pierce the skin.
    Potatoes had no wedging at all. Celery just cringed when I lined it up for splitting
    and lobbing ends off. Onions when slicing were not a problem at all, dicing
    was even easier to do. It wasn't quite falling through food but very little effort
    was need for cutting. Out of a 10 scale I would give it a 8.5. But for the price
    range I would give it a 9.5, just because I don't give 10's.

I would recommend Togiharu for a present to someone that is new to Kitchen cutlery,
    or needing a upgrade from a softer blade.
    Chewie's the man.

That you so much for such a wonderful review! It's written with so much detail and in depth comparison. It gives us in sight onto how we can improve the line too.
    Yea, I'm sure the knife could have used a little sharpening by the time it got to you, but I'm glad it held up just fine.

To everyone: May I post your reviews to the Korin website?

Sure, you can post mine!

I will post a review on your website that I think will serve it better. Mine is more for us knuts here.
    Chewie's the man.