• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Rottman/Tilman Leder 260mm SB1/Niolox gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heirkb

Reaction score
I bet this listing takes the award for most slashes in a title.

So I'm throwing this up to see if there's any interest in it over the Heiji. This is a 260mm gyuto with a beautiful distal taper and an amazing convex grind. Cuts better than anything I've ever tried (lots of stuff from lasers to fatties). So why sell it? Because I can't get used to the fancy handle. This knife convinced me that though I love crazy high quality wood, I don't want a handle made of it. I prefer plain ho wood/buffalo horn handles. This one is ironwood, some silver metal (Nickel silver?), and buffalo horn.

I can post specs if you need them, but trust me, it's not something to really worry about with this knife. It's ground from thicker stock than Tilman's previous knives, so it has no flex (I think it's 2.8mm at the thickest point of the spine). The grind is amazing so cutting is effortless and stiction-free on basically everything I've tried. If you've read reviews of Tilman's knives (some from very tough critics), you are probably familiar with how nice they are. I'll probably order another of these without a handle sometime down the line when I get some spare cash.

I got this for $390 not including PP fees, etc...since it's basically new (original edge, original finish, used 2-3 times) and helps you avoid a 3-5 month wait, I'm asking $375 shipped CONUS with tracking. Please ask for insurance if you want it as I cannot afford to be responsible for uninsured packages should anything happen to them (I do pack safely and carefully).

The pics below are from Tilman himself. If you want some more, just let me know.

Tilman_1.jpg

Tilman_2.jpg

How can this be?

Solution: place order now and pay when it's ready in a few months!

This one is already pending payment!

The more I think about it, the more I'm tempted to immediately put the money from this into another Rottman. I think that would be unwise right now, but...

SOLD! I'm sure this will end up in the new owner's gallery soon.

Wow. I'm sure you coulda gotten used to the handle, lol. I'm getting buried with mine. :)

Kinda wishing I jumped on this, but then again, I've been spoiled lately.

Wow. I'm sure you coulda gotten used to the handle, lol. I'm getting buried with mine. :)

I'll hopefully be getting another in the next few weeks :spin chair: and yes I'd sell all my knives before I'd sell mine

I tried but it kept bugging me to have a flashy and heavy handle. Hopefully I'll just get another one soon, lol

Back