I'm Feeling These Carters

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I love the Carters recently on sale, wish they were bigger though: http://www.cartercutlery.com/japanese-knives/new-products

What's shocking is that only 5 years ago, these would have been gone in a day or two. Some have been up for a long time. The handles look pretty nice, about time he started offering nice non-custom ordered handles.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, if I had to pick one knife to use it would probably be a Carter.

Same. Some nice pieces up there just recently added. His new handles and new photography are both win.

That 10.9 sun SFGZ has been calling my name for 6 months now.

Damn, that 6.4sun Freestyle is a looker!

Yeah I think the number of new custom makers around who charge way less than Carter are the reason they aren't so popular now. Perhaps this will lower his prices? I don't know, but for many of his knives you could get 2 customs for the price of 1 of his and still have change

Very true. I know I'd go that route, for the most part, but Carters are special knives.

I love my Carter Nakiri, so much so that when the funds become available I'd love to order a Gyuto from him but there's no rush, I have a large stable of Gyutos. His knives cut like the dickens, which is the most important part.

Yup! I'm just waiting for his next sale to pick up an SFGZ-RH Nakiri for even cheaper than he already charges.

I love mine, too. I don't use 'em a ton 'cause I just can't help feeling like they are shrinking before my very eyes.

Hahaha. I think Jack wants his baby back, baby back, baby back, baby back...ribs.

It's not really mine. I just love it with all my heart and he won't let me have it.

I had that same battle with Rick, about a year or year and a half ago. Persistence and threatening emails with pictures of me holding a sledgehammer above the Carter suji resulted in me being able to keep the knife, after some money was exchanged. I tried typing in a bunch of different fonts to hide my identity, but it just looked weird and playful more than anything.

Yeah I think the number of new custom makers around who charge way less than Carter are the reason they aren't so popular now. Perhaps this will lower his prices? I don't know, but for many of his knives you could get 2 customs for the price of 1 of his and still have change

Yes, but you will have a hard time finding anything that cuts like a Carter.

I love mine, have gotten them for my kids, and will probably get more for myself, for no good reason, except....

Not gonna lie, I had to go back to check the length on the faux Nakiri. I thought maybe it became the freestyle knife after several people here posted how much better it would've looked with a kiritsuke tip :lol2: Different knife though...
I picked up a Carter recently and i'd definitely get another, those new handles are pretty rad.

Damn, damn fine looking handles. If I had the $ I'd love to buy one.

Latest posts

Back