Available Product(s)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Reaction score
This is a VINTAGE 230mm suji/petty, made by Landers, Frary and Clark, who were the biggest American cutlery manufacturers in the late 1800s and early 1900s. The style of this knife is the same as a Nogent Sab, but is made in the USA. It could be anywhere from over 100 to about 70 years old, but without proof either way, I'll just say it's old and awesome!

I sharpened it up, after tweaking the edge profile and fixing the finger guard, and it's a surprisingly wear resistant old carbon. It gets nice and sharp, and is now toothy/3 finger test sharp, and only brought up to 1k and stropped on cardboard.

The knife is 230mm, with a heel height of 36mm. Spine at the heel is 2.5mm, there is a wicked distal taper and it drops to virtually nothing at the tip. As a result, this blade does have a fair bit of flex. It is the perfect knife for meat fabrication, and would excel at removing silver skin and slicing steaks out of loins.

Here are the pics:

67A2BEA8-A6B7-4D57-B0D1-8BBA0E74CD0C-6747-0000093B29FEAB25.jpg

F2F7BF4C-CC38-4262-9648-B77858C98F3A-6747-0000093B3D70005E.jpg

CBD9DD1B-BCBA-4B03-BEA0-DB19C701D9A4-6747-0000093B4A9DC46A.jpg

7A95DD27-328A-47BD-998E-02187C08CE97-6747-0000093B54CBAE84.jpg

81F36FE3-0A84-4426-9A38-1C4AF2E464A2-6747-0000093B5C9C2B0A.jpg

There is a crack on the one side of the handle, but it doesn't go all the way through, as the handle is peened at the end, or has a full length rat tail tang.

Price for this wonderful antique knife is $65 all in (Worldwide).

Thanks, guys!

Nice knife Lefty . that has to be turn of the century before the Universal stamp and brand .

How cool is that??? Thanks, steeley! :D

This one is tentatively SPF. Thanks, guys.

I'm offering up a sale price to KKF members only on one of the nicest knives I've ever touched! I have no clue how it's still in my shop, but it is and it needs to be put to use and getting love!

This: http://sharpandshinyshop.com/collections/frontpage/products/butch-harner-nakiri BEAUTIFUL Harner Nakiri is available, until 9:30pm, tonight at the price of $685 + actual shipping!

I need this to be bought, or I'm going to crack, and use it myself! :D

That's so tempting!! why do you do this to me Tom? show me all these good knives, now your putting a price drop on a beautiful knife. oh well i guess you are just feeding my addiction:doublethumbsup: To bad i just got a new knife this week or else it would be gone

Which one? I hope you mean the Rodrigue Dammy Parer!

Is the big vintage American chefs on your site still available? If so, I will be pulling the trigger Friday when I get paid

Yep thats the one:D and it's already picked up a nice blue patina on the first day

Jm, it is "technically" available. I had a buyer and when I went to sharpen it up to get shipped out, I noticed a bend towards the tip. I gave him the option of buying it at $25 (huge discount, I know haha), but he chose to pass on it. It is fixable, for sure, but I haven't had another go at it, and I didn't want to try to fix it and end up breaking the tip off if he still wanted it. So, yes, and the new price is $25. :) It's still a beautiful vintage blade!

Oh, and Trev, we all want pics, man!

Well lefty, if you still have it Friday ill pm you. It sure is a beauty

~joe

Oh, and I don't need a discount. Original price is fine by me

Working on the pictures just need to get a camera, my phone doesnt want to upload photos to the computer

JM beat me to it, but put me down as first on the waiting list for the big vintage chef if he backs down. 1 week too late, dammit.

I have a couple more I'll work on today, guys :) I should get them up this afternoon!

Damn, mother nature isn't co-operating. I grind outside, for better light and ventilation. However, it's windy as all hell and it's going to pour any minute now.

If anyone is interested in a vintage 9 or 10" (can't remember) slicer/suji, or a 12" chef that is basic vintage carbon, let me know and we can figure out pics, etc.

Sorry, guys.

One more thing...I hesitate to do this, but I will for the right member. If the Harner Nakiri is here because of cost, I'll do $700, in two or three installments, over the course of the month or month and a half. This knife honestly is way too perfect to sit here. You guys are blowing my mind with this one!

Wow. So, we're now officially out of Brooklyn to London Shaving Soap, for the next couple of weeks. The feedback has been more than terrific on it, and I am in love, myself.

If you guys want to order some, I'll be taking orders, and getting the bars out ASAP. I'm expecting a couple of weeks, because of delivery and some other cool stuff in the works :) I'm also going to carry some unscented for you guys who have sensitive skin. I'm not judging, I promise. In fact, I use sensitive skin aftershave and I LIKE IT!!! :)

So, if you want to be first for the next batch of soap, post here and I'll compile a list. OR, if it's a secret, because your wife says you don't need more shaving products, just email me or pm me and I'll put you in the list, according to "sign up".

Thanks again, guys, and be ready for a VERY VERY cool twist on my "To London" line!

This blade is going straight on here, and if it's not gone in a few days (I'll be surprised if that's the case), I'll toss it up on my site for the rest of the world to fight over :)

It's a CCK 1303, rehandled by Matt Stephens. The handle is beautiful and incredibly comfortable! Matt does great work, trust me. :) The handle is dark (cocobolo, maybe?..I have to ask him), and a very nice copper colored slightly translucent resin for the ferrule.

The 1303 is legendary for its cutting ability and crazy edge taking, though, it doesn't hold it for as long as many people wish it did. However, this is the perfect cleaver for CCK fans and people who are interested in trying a real performer out, to get your feet wet, in the world of cleavers. I picked this up hoping to become a cleaver fan, but I still prefer short gyutos and sujis (40-48mm height). I held onto this for longer than I should have, just because I don't really want to let it go. BUT, that's just dumb. :)

Here are the goods. The price is $85, plus actual shipping. Thanks for looking!

1EF6B6CD-5C44-4BAF-B5CE-EB334190DE2A-1421-000002329C0EC4CA.jpg

CCB7D764-DAB9-4A32-BCDC-7E2EF04DB890-1421-00000232CCF4D549.jpg

D68B2DC0-9525-4E52-A4CF-57CD24D413C0-1421-00000232BE0792BE.jpg

Dimensions on this beauty are 211mmx87mm. Thickness at the spine is 4mm, tapering to just over 1.2mm at the tip.

Nice, I have a large CCK or I would be all over this...and it looks to be in great shape!

The body of the handle on that one is iron wood.

Tempting, very very tempting. Might have to think about this for a few.... Lol.

This handle is ironwood. That's what I said....haha. Thanks, Matt!

I think you had a typo there in the price. The way it's written currently, it looks like you're only charging $45 more than the regular price of a CCK1303, for one with an exquisite handle pre-installed. Might want to get that edited before someone buys it and holds you to your mistake.

Nope. Priced to be bought by Jack! :)

I already have a CCK-1303 at home and another at work!

Tell you what, I'll give you the one from work and two used Shapton Glass stones (1k and 4k) for it. ;)

Back