Bent tip

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmadams13

Banned
Reaction score
I bent the tip on my CCK cleaver today. I'm gonna sharpen it tonight anyways, so was gonna try to fix the tip. It's only a 1mm or so bend, very small, but I'm worried it will grind up the first stone I throw it on. Any suggestions on what to do before hand. I also worry about "bending" it back that it might break off. No big deal, I'll just round it off and sharpen if that happens, but I'd rather not do that if not needed.

Thanks in advance guys. ~joe

I would just file it down before sharpening.

I would just file it down before sharpening.

+1

If you have a diamond sharpening stone, those are made out of metal so it wouldn't mess up your knives. Maybe someone in the kitchen would have one?

Rather than just hacking away at it, I would try straightening it first. Lay it on a piece of hard wood and tap it with a hammer. If worst come to worse and it breaks off you aren't really any worse off than you would be if you ground it off.

Thanks guys. I have a diamond stone, and a hammer and a hunk of wood, so ill try straitening first. Thanks for the quick response

Back