Rader Integral Wa-handled knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reede

Reaction score
I have had a great week. My new trio of knives from Michael Rader came in, and I wanted to show 2 of them here. I wanted to do something a little different, and I approached Michael about doing an integral Wa-handled chef's knife. We tossed around some ideas, and this is the result. Chef's knife, and paring, Wa-handles of Maple burl with curly maple accents. Chef is a little over 10", paring is right at 3. The third knife is an EDC, integral guard, with Koa handle and walrus endcap.

DSC01714.jpg

DSC01715.jpg

DSC01718.jpg

Sorry, got too many thoughts going through my head. 52100 for the gyuto, and Cru-Forge V for the smaller two.

Sweet! Congratulations on the new acquisitions. Let us know how you like them after using them a bit. Please post a photo of the third knife as well. Thanks!

For an EDC, I like a small fixed blade that will always be on my belt and accessible with either hand. For my other EDC's, I have a trio of Ed Caffrey EBK's, and a Burt Foster small Dark Side knife. This one is similar in size, 2 3/4 inch blade, integral guard, Koa handle with fossil walrus end cap.
DSC01704.jpg

Cru-Forge V steel.

Oh my........after seeing these what is the point of making more knives?

Stunning (all of them).

Don't see too many wa handles from Michael. (The shape of the gyuto handle reminds me of your latest, Spike.)

Congrats, Reede. Love that little EDC.

Wow...I think I'm now slightly attracted to Michael Rader.

Oh, and the background for the photos. My grandfather had a creamery and butcher shop, and the butcher's tabletop is one of the things that I ended up with, as well as a Multi-Mixer 5 spindle milkshake maker. The table is about 4x8, and one of this winter's projects will be to refinish it. It has two low spots on either long side, where the 4 cutting stations were.

Great stuff. I don't get to see enough of Rader's work. Very impressive.

Might be the first Wa-handle knife I have really liked.

-AJ

Dang, I am working on something similar but seeing this done in perfection, I may just throw mine away... Beautiful work.

Stefan

wow! they are look suprisingly nice! east meet west style!:doublethumbsup:

Mother of God!

Those are some of the best looking handles I've ever seen. Beeeautiful angles and shapes.

For an EDC, I like a small fixed blade that will always be on my belt and accessible with either hand. For my other EDC's, I have a trio of Ed Caffrey EBK's, and a Burt Foster small Dark Side knife. This one is similar in size, 2 3/4 inch blade, integral guard, Koa handle with fossil walrus end cap.
DSC01704.jpg

Cru-Forge V steel.
Wow.

Love how Clean that gyuto is,great trio of blades!!

Nice. Radars work always embodies pure custom. Everyone is uniquely special.

Hey post us a WIP of your table refab...sounds like a fun project.

At this point, if Michael Rader made a pair of knives that could call down stars to seat in the handles and glow white when food is near, I would not be surprised. I've never had a single person be unimpressed by his knives--laymen, woodworkers, cooks, metalworkers, artists, everyone.

Great choices on your part though!

Back