No-Boil Mac and Cheese

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sw2geeks

Founding Member
Reaction score
Been working up a recipe for Mac and Cheese that uses raw macaroni. I am also using all the main ingredients in their pre-packaged size amounts, the idea is to be able to make this with just a pan and a spoon on the grill with no need to measure things out or boil the pasta.

It turned out really good! I would have never guessed that the pasta was not boiled first.

Here are some pics.

18r9Kf.St.117.jpg

cwuj6.St.117.jpg

Here is a list of ingredients. I picked up everything at Walmart.

1 12oz. bag of Skinner Large Elbows macaroni
1 8oz. bag of Velveeta shreds
1 8oz. bag of Kraft Triple Cheddar with a touch of Philadelphia
1 8oz. bag of Cheddar cheese
1 8oz. container of sour cream
1 quart milk (4 cups)
½ stick of melted butter
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon of mustard
2 teaspoons of salt
2 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper
1 to 2 tablespoons of paprika

yQSyo.St.117.jpg

Basically, everything gets mixed in a pan except for one bag of cheddar cheese and the paprika.

19eY8O.St.117.jpg

I baked the whole thing on the grill at 350ºF for 50 minutes covered, and then added the leftover cheese and paprika on top and bake another 10 minutes uncovered.

UVhqF.St.117.jpg

There are more detailed instructions and pictures here on my blog.

I was really happy with the results, creamy, gooey, cheesy. Pasta had the right texture.

Best thing, I had only one pan to clean up!

Looks great! The meatloaf was delicious--might have to give this one a try, too. Is the mustard dry or prepared? Got a sick hubby who's a mac 'n cheese lover, so might need to mix up some today.

i've been making this recipe for years, now, and love it. not boiling the macaroni is definitely a winner.

Looks great! The meatloaf was delicious--might have to give this one a try, too. Is the mustard dry or prepared? Got a sick hubby who's a mac 'n cheese lover, so might need to mix up some today.

Either is fine, I was out of mustard powder and used the stuff in the jar.

I've done something very similar but cottage cheese is used as well. Been a while since I made it. Maybe time to break it out this weekend.

Cool idea! My wife is going to love this....

I've done something very similar but cottage cheese is used as well. Been a while since I made it. Maybe time to break it out this weekend.

the recipe i posted has cottage cheese in it.

That looks really good I have to make that - thank you.

Made some for dinner last night. Hubby was very happy. I even liked it, and I don't like mac and cheese. Ended up adding extra cheddar since they only had sharp chedder in 1 lb bags and the grocery, and added a little cayenne for some zip. Baked it in the oven, and it was super easy and GOOD!

Great! glad it turned out good. Hope your hubby gets to feeling better.

Great idea and as always -- nice pics. Just one question: Do you think the brand of dried pasta makes a difference?

k.
Probably not, I just like the larger sized macaroni and that it was in a 3 cup size in the package.

I need to try this A.S.A.P.! Thanks again for sharing and of course, amazing photos as usual.

Latest posts

Back