Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Pass Around for 260mm Gyuto in 52100 Schedule

Good.

I am going to drop the pass around with you on Tuesday or Wednesday. Will PM you over the weekend as I know more.

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

OK, I need to resume passaround for the 260mm.

I am going to make a new knife to reflect the changes I have made in the last several months.

I will give you a choice of 52100 or mystery carbon, as they are comparable. A2 is a bit different when it comes to sharpness, so it is out. Mystery carbon is more reactive than 52100 so it will have to have a forced patina. Not sure if that is an issue for pro folks on the passround list.

So, in short, let me know what to make - 52100 or mystery carbon.

Thanks,

Marko

PS: I pulled the knife from the pass-around as I felt that I was making changes and that the knife in circulation would not be a good representative of my current work. I now grind knives thicker and heftier than I used to and I made some changes to handle design.

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

As a pro I'd prefer the 52100. Thanks Marko.

-Josh
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Marko,
    I would love to be part of this passaround. 52100 would be my preference, since you've been working to perfect your HT for quite a while. I'm a pro, but I teach now, so I wouldnt be putting the knife through tons of prep, but it would see quite a diverse set of ingredients.

I am totally cool with 52100. I threw in mystery carbon as it is a new exciting steel for me, but 52100 is definitely a safer bet and it has very good wear resistance properties. So, 52100 it is.

I would love to try the 52100 if I'm able to join the next passaround.

I would live to try it if available. I am a pro in the Hudson valley so if you want to finish with me I could drop it off to you. Thanks.

Guys,
    I have to stick to the list, but after I might pass it around a second time provided it is in a good shape.

M

I am a pro in the Boston area and would be honored to try the knife out and give you a great honest review of its performance. Thanks!

Did I already try this knife or is this the different grind you were telling me about?
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/