Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Pass Around for 260mm Gyuto in 52100 Schedule

Good.

I am going to drop the pass around with you on Tuesday or Wednesday. Will PM you over the weekend as I know more.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

OK, I need to resume passaround for the 260mm.

I am going to make a new knife to reflect the changes I have made in the last several months.

I will give you a choice of 52100 or mystery carbon, as they are comparable. A2 is a bit different when it comes to sharpness, so it is out. Mystery carbon is more reactive than 52100 so it will have to have a forced patina. Not sure if that is an issue for pro folks on the passround list.

So, in short, let me know what to make - 52100 or mystery carbon.

Thanks,

Marko

PS: I pulled the knife from the pass-around as I felt that I was making changes and that the knife in circulation would not be a good representative of my current work. I now grind knives thicker and heftier than I used to and I made some changes to handle design.

As a pro I'd prefer the 52100. Thanks Marko.

-Josh
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Marko,
    I would love to be part of this passaround. 52100 would be my preference, since you've been working to perfect your HT for quite a while. I'm a pro, but I teach now, so I wouldnt be putting the knife through tons of prep, but it would see quite a diverse set of ingredients.

I am totally cool with 52100. I threw in mystery carbon as it is a new exciting steel for me, but 52100 is definitely a safer bet and it has very good wear resistance properties. So, 52100 it is.

I would love to try the 52100 if I'm able to join the next passaround.

I would live to try it if available. I am a pro in the Hudson valley so if you want to finish with me I could drop it off to you. Thanks.

Guys,
    I have to stick to the list, but after I might pass it around a second time provided it is in a good shape.

M

I am a pro in the Boston area and would be honored to try the knife out and give you a great honest review of its performance. Thanks!

Did I already try this knife or is this the different grind you were telling me about?
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/