Great night of fights tonight

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TamanegiKin

Reaction score
If there are any boxing fans in the knut house HBO is showing some great fights tonight. Nishioka vs Donaire a 60/40 fight and Rios vs Alvarado a 50/50 fight that on paper should hands down be fight of the year. These are legit fights. I'm gonna be there a few rows back tonight which is exciting, I grew up with boxing and I'll finally be attending an event in person. I'm taking Alvarado over Rios and Donaire over the veteran Nishioka though I hope Nishioka can pull off the upset, he's a live dog in this one.

That's awesome! You have great seats!

I was planning on going, but my best friend from college happened to be in the area so we're meeting up for dinner.

The Rios/Alvarado fight has the potential to be an absolute war - I think Alvarado wins by late round TKO. The Donaire/Nishioka fight is a toss up to me. I can see this ending in a draw.

Have a great time! With those seats, you may come back with a few bloodstains on your clothes!

I think we are the last boxing fans. I'm taking Donaire and Rios. Both should be fantastic, enjoy guys!

When Tyson bit the ear I stopped watching boxing. I still can be easily sucked back in though but without HBO I don't see it anymore.

Last night was lots of fun, I'm definitely going to make an effort to attend as many local fights as possible.

Rios/Alvarado was unreal, those were bombs they were hitting eachother with.
I won't forget the sound of those thudding blows.
Live it seemed the stoppage was a bit premature, most of the crowd though pro Rios felt the same way. After watching the replay at home I feel Alvarado was definitely compromised and out on his feet. He wasn't even facing Rios in the last sequence, he was out of it. That being said, I feel a warrior like that deserves a standing 8 count. These guys sacrificed a lot in this fight and either one deserves the benefit of the doubt. I wish Steve smoger would have been the Ref. Either way, great win for Rios in a fan friendly tussle.

Nishioka/Donaire, a chess match that stunk up the joint given the fight it was following up.
Nishioka was gun shy, throwing what seemed to be just a handful of attempted punches each of the first few rounds.
The crowd was very restless to say the least. Nishioka seemed to really be focusing on protecting against Nonito's feared left hook, I don't recall seeing Nishioka glue his right hand to head so high in past fights. Nishiokas straight left found a home every now and again but Donaire in complete control the whole fight. I could see Donaire setting Nishioka up as he layed on the ropes luring him in and then came the straight right from Nonito. Too fast, too young, too athletic and amazing coordination. Great win for Donaire in a measured and calculated dismantling of a great champ in Nishioka.

Moving forward, I'd like to see Rios against matthyse, Garcia or Bradley
Doniare should fight Rigondeaux or Mares

@Michael, let me know next time you're headed to one of the fights!

@Andrew, you called 'em brother, good picks.

Last night would have been my first fight in person too!

But, I'll definitely get in touch with you if I can make it out to a fight. There have been more and more good fights in the LA area recently. I'm really hoping to go see a live fight soon!

Rios/Alvarado was a great fight. The whole fight (both of them, actually) can be found on YouTube, but here's the final round of Rios/Alvarado:

[video=youtube;sdU0NwICZTc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdU0NwICZTc[/video]

Last night was lots of fun, I'm definitely going to make an effort to attend as many local fights as possible.

Rios/Alvarado was unreal, those were bombs they were hitting eachother with.
I won't forget the sound of those thudding blows.
Live it seemed the stoppage was a bit premature, most of the crowd though pro Rios felt the same way. After watching the replay at home I feel Alvarado was definitely compromised and out on his feet. He wasn't even facing Rios in the last sequence, he was out of it. That being said, I feel a warrior like that deserves a standing 8 count. These guys sacrificed a lot in this fight and either one deserves the benefit of the doubt. I wish Steve smoger would have been the Ref. Either way, great win for Rios in a fan friendly tussle.

Nishioka/Donaire, a chess match that stunk up the joint given the fight it was following up.
Nishioka was gun shy, throwing what seemed to be just a handful of attempted punches each of the first few rounds.
The crowd was very restless to say the least. Nishioka seemed to really be focusing on protecting against Nonito's feared left hook, I don't recall seeing Nishioka glue his right hand to head so high in past fights. Nishiokas straight left found a home every now and again but Donaire in complete control the whole fight. I could see Donaire setting Nishioka up as he layed on the ropes luring him in and then came the straight right from Nonito. Too fast, too young, too athletic and amazing coordination. Great win for Donaire in a measured and calculated dismantling of a great champ in Nishioka.

Moving forward, I'd like to see Rios against matthyse, Garcia or Bradley
Doniare should fight Rigondeaux or Mares

Alvarado was definitely out of it; I liked the stoppage, but that's just what I prefer. I thought that Nishioka would come out with more energy and more aggression. It turned out to be much, much more one sided than I thought. I'd love to see a Rios / Bradley fight in the future.
Now I'm wishing I bet money last night!

Back