Red Dog Tricks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpikeC

Founding Member
Reaction score
I had my motorcycle parked near the 6 ft fence along the driveway. I heard a commotion out there, I think a cat was teasing the dogs, I looked out the window to see Ho Tai bouncing off the bike and clearing the fence. Of course he wasn't wearing his collar. It's a good thing that he likes me and came when I called him!
He is maybe 17 inches at the shoulder.

Smart Dog.
The other night our dog at home (a chihualverine) started barking.
He sleeps in the laundry/mud room that adjoins the back patio area.
I got up and let him out to see what is going on and followed with a flashlight.
By the time I got to the dark corner where he was making noise there was a possum laying on it's side.
Mouth open, tongue hanging out, looking dead. Looked like a big dead rat as big as the dog.
I called Jack (dog) back into the laundry room, gave him a doggy treat and told him he was a tough guy killing that possum.
When I went back to remove the body it was gone.
Dang thing was playing possum. Fooled both of us.

I once had a Great Dane named Sophie, when I found a possum in the back near her it played possum so well that it never woke up!

Sounds like it's time to find a new place to park the bike. And you might want to hide your keys--sounds like he's clever enough to figure out how to start the bike, and then you'd really be in trouble!

Dammit...dad moved the bike again!

69782_390674897684214_517288798_n.jpg

Back