Quantcast
Facebook ?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook ?

Facebook ?

Ok so I have no frigging idea how to use Facebook....how do I post a message on someone else's page?....d they have to let u have access to it somehow or can anyone post on another persons page...Ryan

viva la revolucion !

Ryan, by default you can post on any friend's "timeline" or "wall" (different words for the same thing). Just go to their wall/timeline (you can search for it using the searchbox at the top of the page, or click on their name anywhere you see it), then click in the "write something" box near the top, and share whatever you'd like...URL, comment, photo, etc.

Good luck!
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by sudsy9977 View Post
    Ok so I have no frigging idea how to use Facebook....how do I post a message on someone else's page?....d they have to let u have access to it somehow or can anyone post on another persons page...Ryan
    Don't...its a waste of time. Not to mention a complete invasion of any sort of privacy you may have and a petri dish for viruses. I have never had more spam than I did when I used Facebook.

I don't get much spam. But I do get a few laughs posting random weird ****, and links to interesting stuff. I far prefer twitter for sharing links, info, and general oddities.

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    Don't...its a waste of time. Not to mention a complete invasion of any sort of privacy you may have and a petri dish for viruses. I have never had more spam than I did when I used Facebook.
    Plus one. If you want to talk to a friend.....That's what a phone is for. <g>

I needed to contact someone that's not reachable by email. I don't have a phone number either

viva la revolucion !

Quote Originally Posted by sudsy9977 View Post
    I needed to contact someone that's not reachable by email. I don't have a phone number either
    You can send them a message via Facebook.

Go to their homepage and you should see the link: "Do you know Xxxx? If you know Xxxx, send him a friend request or message him."

Quote Originally Posted by bikehunter View Post
    Plus one. If you want to talk to a friend.....That's what a phone is for. <g>
    Or you use this forum

Facebook is a gigantic pile of crap.

I have made zero friends, I have maintained NO friendships any better, the only benefit is sometimes I get to see pictures from people far away. Answer: Instagram(where only real life is allowed).

Email needs to come back. Nobody owns it, there is no set interface, it is universally free, and insanely effective.

++1
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

+ Reply to Thread