Quantcast
Gesshin 2k - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gesshin 2k

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Never fell in love with the Gesshin 2k as much as I wanted to. Just couldn't get the hang of it. Endlessly thirsty, slippery, and hard. Went back to a Beater 1.2k and felt disappointed for doing so, like I was missing out on something amazing, lol. Tinh took it off my hands and won't stfu about it.
    Well, the 2k is a little thirstier than some other 2k's but it's an awesome stone. It's a somewhat coarser, thirstier version of the 4k which has made be reconsider using soakers. The other Gesshin stones are nice but Jon really outdid himself with the 400-2k-4k set. It's in that sweet spot in hardness where I can sharpen anything on them. I use them for everything from razors to single bevels although I do finish singles on the Awasedo.

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    See what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    Well, the 2k is a little thirstier than some other 2k's but it's an awesome stone. It's a somewhat coarser, thirstier version of the 4k which has made be reconsider using soakers. The other Gesshin stones are nice but Jon really outdid himself with the 400-2k-4k set. It's in that sweet spot in hardness where I can sharpen anything on them. I use them for everything from razors to single bevels although I do finish singles on the Awasedo.
    x10
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

See what I mean?

I wouldn't want to let you down, dude!

I leave my 2k in water I haven't noticed it being overly thirsty at all the 400 for sure but no issues for me with the 2k.

Never fell in love with the Gesshin 2k as much as I wanted to. Just couldn't get the hang of it. Endlessly thirsty, slippery, and hard. Went back to a Beater 1.2k and felt disappointed for doing so, like I was missing out on something amazing, lol. Tinh took it off my hands and won't stfu about it.
    I have a Gesshin 2k as well. It's my favorite stone. It does require a little more water than some of my other stones (Gesshin 400, King 1000, King 6000, Takashima Awasedo, and I've used a bunch of other stones, including the Beston 500, Bester 1200, Rika 5k, Sigma Select II 1.2k), but I definitely haven't found it to be slippery or hard. On most of my stainless knives, I just use a two stone progression of the Gesshin 400 and 2k.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

I think a Gesshin 1k/5k combo stone would be a great solution for many people. Heck, I think I would keep one in my trunk.
    I would definitely buy one

+ Reply to Thread