Best Horror Movie!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalaeb

Banned
Reaction score
I usually don't watch horror movies, but starting about this time I get the urge to be scared and I start looking through Netflix for good horror movies...lots of crap out there, but some good ones.

What is you favorite horror movie?

Personally, I still get freaked out by clowns after watching the movie rendition of Stephan Kings "IT".

I love horror movies! My favorite movies tend to be non-horror movies from directors with a horror/supernatural film background

Overall winner: The Thing
Lightweight horror: Disturbia
Mind-blowing horror(twists, turns, affective characters etc): The Mist
TV Show: The Walking Dead
Slasher: Psycho
Supernatural: Seven
Mystery/Crime: Red Dragon
Zombie Apocalypse: 28 Days Later
Campy: The Fog
Comedy: Young Frankenstein

I'm not much for horror movies.

Scariest one I've ever seen? Probably "The Ring."

If you haven't seen it yet, I'd advise you to wear a diaper.

Eamon has thought about this. I also like The Thing and 28 Days. The original Omen still freaks me out. I'd also add The Ring, The Shining, Alien, and Pet Cemetery.

k.

The Shining is the best adaptation of a King novel. Mostly because it's a Kubrick flick. One of my all time favorite directors.
Walking Dead totally rules as a show too.

The Shining is the best adaptation of a King novel.

Everything Frank Darabont has done that was a King novel has been unreasonably good, but if we include completeness(kinda cheating, but you gotta split hairs with greatness), The Shawshank Redemption wins my vote.

The Exorcist, I still can't watch it by myself. I blame my fear on my upbringing in Catholic schools.

The Exorcist, 28 Days Later, I Spit On Your Grave (original,) Last House On The Left (original and remake,) Henry, Shivers (aka, they come from within,) my list could go on and on. Some are knife nerds, I'm a horror nerd. I have a 1,000+ strong horror VHS, yes VHS collection. My DVD horror collection inst shabby either. In the process of digitizing them, but there is still a joy of a horror on a VHS. Just seems right to me

I'm a wimp, not big on horror movies. Actually, I am generally not big on slashing, blood-spurting movies. I could handle, the Exorcist, Nosferatu, the Omen, and definitely Young Frankenstein. But 'It' creeped me out and I am not sure I have it seen completely even with all the re-runs...

Stefan

I'm a wimp, not big on horror movies.

I would have gotten up and walked out of "The Ring" within the first 15 minutes if my date that night wasn't quite so attractive.

Bloody action movies don't bother me at all, but haunted children...that's another story.

Best horror movie or a Knife Knut? Hellraiser.

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!! :D

Hellraiser I & II are good, Nightmare on Elm Street is a classic too.

My avatar, even though it is hard to see is a movie poster of "Gore-met Zombie Chef from Hell". This is an extremely low-budget flick filmed in my hometown(CLT) in the early 80's. It's awful, but funny.
The remake of Dawn of the Dead is good.
As a kid I was obsessed with The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
The first 2 Hellraiser flicks are good.
Some of the early Friday the 13th are classics.
As a young teen I was really into horror movies. I even started doing special effects makeup. Tom Savini is the man!

Latest posts

Back