Quantcast
I need to borrow
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need to borrow

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.

I need to borrow

Maybe I'm trying to jump-start mr. drinky's loaner knife thing http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...-Loaner-Knives
    but it sounds like quite an interesting idea.
    I need to borrow someone's 270mm or larger gyuto or kiritsuke-gyuto. I prefer a thin knife with a large belly.
    I recently sold my 270 Hattori and have been using a "he who shall not be named" 245mm gyuto in 19c27. This knife has it's issues, but the size is what's killing me. I do a lot of volume and need a larger blade.
    I've got mhenry putting a large Takeda together for me, but I would love to use a loaner in the meantime. I'm in the midst of super-busy season and am struggling with this wimpy knife!
    I'm not looking for anything crazy nice, just something to tide me over for a little while.
    I will pay shipping + insurance both ways and be responsible for lender's set value for knife should anything happen to it.
    I work in a pro environment where NOBODY but me even thinks about looking at or touching my knives. I would also be happy to sharpen or pay to send off to Dave or Eamon to sharpen after I am done.
    I think these sound like good terms to start.
    Anybody interested???
    No matter how high the throne,
    there sits but an ass.

I have a tadatsuna 270 white #2 I'd be happy to lend. Shipping time/cost might be a problem? But if nothing else comes up you are welcome to it for as long as you need. (I'm in Australia, shipping is usually about 30 bucks)
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

270 DT ITK? One from the first run.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

275mm Takeda Kiritsuke Gyuto, 280mm Carter,

Man, it kind of sucks that you're not getting offered anything really nice...

one man gathers what another man spills...

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Wow, you guys are too generous! I'm probably going to keep it to someone in ConUS, but I REALLY REALLY do appreciate it!
    Hmmmmm, Mike's Carter sounds awesome, especially seeing as how I've never even touched a Carter. It makes me kinda nervous at the same time.
    No matter how high the throne,
    there sits but an ass.

270 Hiromoto AS.

It's no Carter though

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Wow, this forum never ceases to amaze me.

300 mm Ashi

It does gave a small gouge in the edge from dropping it on the floor. Just haven't gotten around to sharpening it out yet.

-AJ
    Last edited by ajhuff; 10-15-2012 at 09:48 PM. Reason: wrong knife brand originally posted

I think Drinky's idea has officially started!

All great offers, and way to go, gents!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

+ Reply to Thread