• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

I need to borrow

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knyfeknerd

Original Knerd of Knives
Reaction score
Maybe I'm trying to jump-start mr. drinky's loaner knife thing http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/8809-Loaner-Knives
but it sounds like quite an interesting idea.
I need to borrow someone's 270mm or larger gyuto or kiritsuke-gyuto. I prefer a thin knife with a large belly.
I recently sold my 270 Hattori and have been using a "he who shall not be named" 245mm gyuto in 19c27. This knife has it's issues, but the size is what's killing me. I do a lot of volume and need a larger blade.
I've got mhenry putting a large Takeda together for me, but I would love to use a loaner in the meantime. I'm in the midst of super-busy season and am struggling with this wimpy knife!
I'm not looking for anything crazy nice, just something to tide me over for a little while.
I will pay shipping + insurance both ways and be responsible for lender's set value for knife should anything happen to it.
I work in a pro environment where NOBODY but me even thinks about looking at or touching my knives. I would also be happy to sharpen or pay to send off to Dave or Eamon to sharpen after I am done.
I think these sound like good terms to start.
Anybody interested???

I have a tadatsuna 270 white #2 I'd be happy to lend. Shipping time/cost might be a problem? But if nothing else comes up you are welcome to it for as long as you need. (I'm in Australia, shipping is usually about 30 bucks)

275mm Takeda Kiritsuke Gyuto, 280mm Carter,

Man, it kind of sucks that you're not getting offered anything really nice...

:justkidding:

Wow, you guys are too generous! I'm probably going to keep it to someone in ConUS, but I REALLY REALLY do appreciate it!
Hmmmmm, Mike's Carter sounds awesome, especially seeing as how I've never even touched a Carter. It makes me kinda nervous at the same time.

Wow, this forum never ceases to amaze me.

awesome.jpg

300 mm Ashi

It does gave a small gouge in the edge from dropping it on the floor. Just haven't gotten around to sharpening it out yet.

-AJ

Last edited:
I think Drinky's idea has officially started!

All great offers, and way to go, gents!

Bravo knyfeknerd for starting it off. I've been out most of the day, but I have been pondering some guideline ideas to throw out. I also like the direct solicitation approach.

k.

I could lend you my primary knife for a while a Sakai 270mm wa gyuto. Eventually, my Rodrigue 270mm will be done and probably get more attention. Always willing to pay the kindness forward I have received on this forum.

Wow, I dont think I have EVER been apart of a forum with this type of kindness. Well done everyone!! Makes me proud to have just recently joined

Thanks everyone, PM sent to ecchef. If that doesn't work for some reason, I've got tons of great offers. Honestly they are all knives I would love to try out. This forum rules...........

Hard no to notice the generous amount of professional courtesy/outstanding kindness being offered up here in this forum. Bravo!!

270 DT ITK? One from the first run.

When I first read this thread kny. had just posted. It being on my phone I didn't respond. This knife I have came to mind then. Right now it's my backup knife.

Back