Contest - Win a Surprise WA Re-handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
First, the prize.
Winner gets to have the knife they enter in the contest re-handled.
This for WA style handle only.
I will provide some of my very best stabilized wood and Mike Henry will do the hard part.
He will make the handle and fit it to your knife.

The surprise part is you won't know the materials and what the handle will look like until it is completed and you receive it back. It won't be anything weird. I promise it will be something you will be proud of.
I will provide some of my very best handle material and Mike will do his best work.
The surprise will be a good one.

To enter the contest
Post a photo and description of the knife you would like to have re-handled. WA style only!
This is your entry into the contest so make sure your photo and description are made in one post.

On the afternoon of October 29th (my birthday) the winner will be selected.
I will use a random number generator to select the winner.
If there are 55 posts made entering the contest, I will give the random number generator that or whatever the number is.
It will select a number between one and the final post number.
Whatever post number matches that number is the winner.

The contest winner will need to ship their knife to Mike and I will send him the handle materials.
Mike will make the handle and install it on the knife and then send it back to the winner.
When the winner receives their re-handled knife back they will need to take photos and post them here for the rest of us to see. Nobody else will know what has been done until you post your photos.

Be sure to post a photo of the actual knife you are entering in the contest.
The value of the re-handle will fairly substantial so be sure to enter a knife you really like.
This will not be a rush job so be prepared to be without your knife for a matter of weeks.

Good Luck Everyone!

Can I play also? :)

Stefan

The CCK is absolutely a Wa!
I am a wood guy, what do I know.
Vertigo, you can enter your cleaver.
Now enter your photos everyone.
That is except Spike. He fed his camera to his dog, right before he set up the motorcycle springboard so his dog can get over the fence easier.

IMG_0120.jpg

Tanaka lefty 210 deba in blue 2

Aren't you supposed to use a sword for that?

Great idea for a giveaway!

Unfortunately, I'm fresh out of knives with stock wa handles.

Awfully generous of you, Mark. I look forward to seeing what you and Mike come up with for a handle.

Okay, here it is....
......my Kejiro Doi 270mm kiritsuke. This thing has what is (IMHO) a great factory D handle.
It's great, but it's no mhenry. This thing would be even sweeter. Even if I don't win, I'm very excited to see what this "surprise handle" looks like!!!
thanks Mark and Mike for doing this. Very cool idea.
IMG_4992.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_4991.jpg
[/IMG]

I'll do my best to give this a two week turn around too

5E8C9C20-4840-408E-9348-F050DB75F5FD-2465-0000039450C863DF.jpg

My favorite. My Kanisaki deba. My King Crab knife.:D
Thanks to both of you for such a great contest.

Does having one in the mail count? If so This should be arriving early next week - a Carter Kurouchi Sujihiki

Carter.jpg

Wow, can't pass up this opportunity, crazy new wood and custom handle:

Here is the first...and last knife I ground, after grinding it Mr. Thomas looked at it and said "I think I can save it". He did and now I have a pretty dang good 210 gyuto, but I have not had a chance to finish the handle yet.

IMG_0226.jpg

Thanks for doing this Mark and Mike, very cool idea and happy future birthday Mark!

Most generous contest! I too would love to have my CCK rehandled...

PA160596.jpg

I always want Mike's custom handle:EDance2:! here you go, my brand new shig 245mm gyuto...
CIMG1400_zpse2f9a5cc.jpg

Heiji Nakiri. I've been looking for a replacement handle for this for awhile. What a great opportunity-thanks Mark and Mike!

IMAG0095.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

I'm in with a Yoshikane SLD Kurouchi Damascus Petty 180 mm

Thanks!

My first non mainstream knife and my first wa handle. I got it from knyfeknerd and I love this thing. Hattori FH wa
IMG_4378.jpg

click to embiggen.

240mm Takeda gyuto. my other Takeda has a great handle from Stefan, and i would love for this one to be upgraded, too.

Well I don't have the knife yet. But Marko's practice knife.
in the meantime I will post a pic of something that needs a handle.

2012-10-16 14-04-16.262.jpg
its a damascus practice dagger I found on ebay that I have yet to put a handle on. I do not remember the maker. Its great for opening letters.

Here's another Carter to throw into the mix! This is a 7.1 sun (216mm) HG Funayuki that is just begging a custom handle (and a better camera!).

Good heavens, it's a ho-wood massacre! :knifed: I like all the handles above, except the cleaver. Ecchef, your Suisin Dreamcraft 240 kiritsuke with ho-wa and marble ferrule is wonderful. How could you? :scared4: Looks amazing!

Come on Cutty Sharp, enter the contest.
If you win we will make it something conservative that will go good with your red mohawk and tattoos.

Back