need help finding an amazing honesuki/petty blade!!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jai

Reaction score
hey guys im interested in buying a new honesuki i want one a little bit larger than my current, which is a shun 6" honesuki its made from sg2 i do love using this knife but mainy because of the versitility and agility when boning birds and doing other small prep tasks. now im just not sure if i should look into a a honesuki or petty but im open to both suggestions and would love it to be wa style as i want to get it rehandled nicely from one off daves amazing wa handles. please post pics off honesuki,petty blades or whole knives, and links would help if possible. thanks guys :)

Going to go with my goto guy SpikeC. He'll make you one the way you want and at a damn good price for a unique , tough one of a kind custom. He made mine an I'm in love with it.

spikes knife 015.jpg

spikes knife 017.jpg

spikes knife 019.jpg

spikes knife 016.jpg

spikes knife 023.jpg

spikes knife 021.jpg

spikes knife 014.jpg

Um, I think he is in New South Wales.........

Butt thanks for the props!

I was going to say that of all the honesukis I have seen, the prize goes to the Watanabe. But seeing Spike's interpretation, I may change my mind at least from the practicality point of view, I love the curved blade, looks very functional and less fragil than the Watanabe.

Stefan

I'm partial to this. Cuts like Freddy, tough like Rocky Balboa. Pierre has a few of these going to members, I believe.

25672c84.jpg

I have a funny story about that knife, K. I'll pm you.

Back