Quantcast
Advise Needed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advise Needed

Advise Needed

I will be in Nashville this weekend at one of the largest leather shows and conferences in the US the International Federation of Leather Guilds show. If any of y'all are close by and want to come visit please do.

The advise I need is where to take my wife for the dinner date of her life. I would like to go somewhere that is ultra nostalgic and elegant for a great steak dinner like Kreis's in St. Louis. Please recommend your favorite place with a brief on why.

Thank you in advance,
    PZ

Paul,

If you can get away from the steakhouse concept, Miel is an absolutely amazing french inspired farm to table restaurant. The food and service are top notch and I would not hesitate to go there again if I was in the area. I took my parents there, which my Dad has very simple tastes and after the initial shock of not having a salt or pepper shaker on the table, really enjoyed his meal. http://www.mielrestaurant.com
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Looks GREAT. French might be THE TICKET.

OH, come on y'all I need at least 3 more suggestions. Surely there are some Nashville chefs here that want my money. Come on...show me what you got! We are what some call OT's ....Obscene Tippers. Give me a meal to have bragging rights to.

ALSO, please excuse my spelling....one too many Remy Martins w/an Ashton Eclipse...you know....just hanging out wit da guys.

PZ

yyyyyuuummmm!! ashtons!!!!
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

my chef buddy say's the Capital Grille in the Hermitage Hotels is the place to be.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    Son,
    I would so love to share one of these with you. There is areally cool story behind them I'll tell you sometime.
    Thanks for the suggestion...you're in for the sheath.

PZ

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    Son, I didn't know you were a cigar smoker. Next ECG is Lagavulin and cigars, Cubans if you like their taste profile, but I have others.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." —Mark Twain

Ooh, alcohol and sharp knives. Someone will be headed to an emergency room...

Quote Originally Posted by pitonboy View Post
    Ooh, alcohol and sharp knives. Someone will be headed to an emergency room...
    If you come down we have needle and thread and you can suture on the spot.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." —Mark Twain