Advise Needed

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pabloz

Reaction score
I will be in Nashville this weekend at one of the largest leather shows and conferences in the US the International Federation of Leather Guilds show. If any of y'all are close by and want to come visit please do.

The advise I need is where to take my wife for the dinner date of her life. I would like to go somewhere that is ultra nostalgic and elegant for a great steak dinner like Kreis's in St. Louis. Please recommend your favorite place with a brief on why.

Thank you in advance,
PZ

Paul,

If you can get away from the steakhouse concept, Miel is an absolutely amazing french inspired farm to table restaurant. The food and service are top notch and I would not hesitate to go there again if I was in the area. I took my parents there, which my Dad has very simple tastes and after the initial shock of not having a salt or pepper shaker on the table, really enjoyed his meal. http://www.mielrestaurant.com

Looks GREAT. French might be THE TICKET.

OH, come on y'all I need at least 3 more suggestions. Surely there are some Nashville chefs here that want my money. Come on...show me what you got! We are what some call OT's ....Obscene Tippers. Give me a meal to have bragging rights to.

ALSO, please excuse my spelling....one too many Remy Martins w/an Ashton Eclipse...you know....just hanging out wit da guys.

PZ

my chef buddy say's the Capital Grille in the Hermitage Hotels is the place to be.

yyyyyuuummmm!! ashtons!!!!

Son,
I would so love to share one of these with you. There is areally cool story behind them I'll tell you sometime.
Thanks for the suggestion...you're in for the sheath.

PZ

Ooh, alcohol and sharp knives. Someone will be headed to an emergency room...

Well Paul, where did you end up going for your weekend dinner?

Son, I didn't know you were a cigar smoker. Next ECG is Lagavulin and cigars, Cubans if you like their taste profile, but I have others.

I do love cigars, but since the whole heart thing. I have them only when I visit my dad. It would be a pleasure to smoke one with you. Haven't had a Cuban in years. I'm a huge GreyCliff, Ashton and Rocky Patel fan. Mostly, Greycliffs.

Well Pete you win. Miel was great. Had their beer battered snails and garlic parsly escargot. Just had to do their fried southern version. I had the Bouillabaisse and have to say that this was the first time I think I had a pan seared scallop done perfectly...I really enjoyed it. My wife had their blackened and grilled North Carolina Yellowtail Snapper, which she loved. I had the Profiteroles for dessert which were the best mini eclairs ever. GREAT service by Seema and Adrianne.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Son,
We called the Capital Room for reservations and they were BOOKED for the night with people waiting in line for the "possible cancellation." Ended up going to Demo's instead. $12 for a 10oz. filet mignon and an $18 16oz. Ribeye. UNBELIEVEABLY inexpensive and really good quality...not quite great but really good. Both came with HUGE sides and phenominal service.

If I go back to Nashville I will definitely hit both of these again.

THANKS,
PZ

Back