konosuke price increase

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labor of love

That’s what Maboroshi said
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just read that a konosuke price increase is happening very soon. next week sometime. im not really too interested in anything they have at this point except maybe another HD gyuto but I just thought I would spread the word.

mark said 25% across the board. sakai yusuke and gingas are better in many ways IMO. konosuke has the HD though. that steel impresses me to this day.

Good thing I sold mine when I...wait....

HD and Fujiyama still impress...the demand has been high. +1 to others being at least as good at similar to current pricing.

I may be wrong,so correct me if I am,it seems that only one retailer has been told by Konosuke to increase prices so that others may stay competitive.Don't see anything on Tosho's website about any increase.

mark just gave a heads up about it kicking in on tues. i would be surprised if the prices dont go up with all the vendors sooner or later. im debating a western hd gyuto...

Yikes, looks like i won't be picking up a fujiyama suji.... way to sloe to the price of a nice custom.

I think it seems their popularity is waning a little and maybe this is a response to that, they aren't doing so well so need to increase their prices. I can only see this making it worse though.

The Kono WS 240 was 183.00 for a long time,a good price for a quality carbon blade.Now it looks to be up almost 30%.I really like my Sakai ultra thin WS,paid 206.00 for it.Now the Sakai's are a better deal than the Kono's.

The price increase makes several purchasing decisions a lot easier now, and removes the sole remaining temptation to buy anything from the store which shall not be named. Thanks!

so....im going to get a tkc next time im itching for a kono hd and probably a mizuno or something else if i wanted a kono fujiyama.

The Mizuno Hontanren blue #2 (forged by Akitada) and the konosuke fujiyama blue look like twins to me...

Glad I didn't see this earlier since I'm focused on a cleaver now. That Misono price increase warning last year caused me to spend some money I didn't have at the time. Not that I regret my 270 Swedish Suji...couldn't resist the dragon!

Back