Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2000th Member Giveaway!

Idilie and dosa......and yes still my fav

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    As a child, one of my favorite things to eat was actually the hot-case cheeseburger at the AM/PM. They were these greasy, rubbery little things with a soggy bun and a slice of American cheese; you could buy them for less than a buck a piece, and I'd frequently get two or three and stack them together with a squirt of mayo from a little packet. It's no wonder that I was an overweight child, but hell, I still remember with fondness walking in to the convenience store, grabbing a handful of those aluminum-foil wrapped burger-bombs, and making myself sick.

The last time I was in Tucson I found an AM/PM that still carried them, almost 15 years since I'd last had one, and bought out their entire supply.

Edit - someone was kind enough to upload a picture of these horrible (and delicious) little bastards!

My favorite meal that my mother fixed for us was baked swordfish with potato latkes and applesauce. I make it every once in a while, but not very often.

One things is as a little boy i and my friends went to a small Mexican restaurant and for 35 cents two sauced tortilla's .
    which was there sauce for other dishes rolled up in a flour tortilla . I miss that place, family owned .
    A clever cook can make good meat of a whetstone.” Erasmus

My mother's world famous Cha Gio (shrimp, pork and shrimp springrolls) and her Thit Heo Kho ( we just call it brown meat) fresh pork belly stewed in fish sauce, burnt sugar, coconut water , onions, garlic, scallions and either hard boiled chicken or my favorite quail eggs served over rice. Salty, sweet and savory. yumm.
    My fathers Homemade chili and his slow cooked bbq brisket. finger licking good.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

how come I can't post any pics? My manage attachment button is gone.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

cuz you got baaad pitchers!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Spagetthi Bolognese. My fathers that spent what felt like an eternity on the stove. Oh yeah, i'm not eating as much pasta as i used to but still indulge sometimes...
    My kids also love "pappas meatsauce" but it's probably a tie between that and pyttipanna with fried eggs for them.

I remember walking home from school extra quick if I knew there was left over spaghetti n the fridge. Best of all though, Christmas cookie - peanut butter cookie with a Hershey's kiss in the middle. My wife calls them peanut butter butter blossoms. I call them peanut butter crack nipples.

Tonkatsu (made of cutlets from the loin) with shredded cabbage and LOTS of hot, fresh rice. I could eat four or five whole pieces in a sitting. My sauce of choice was the Ikari brand tonkatsu sauce. And, I had to have milk to drink while eating it.

On the rare occasion I do make tonkatsu, I still eat a bunch of it (at least 2 or three whole pieces), and I still drink milk while eating it, or beer now that I'm an adult. But, I now prefer Bulldog tonkatsu sauce.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"