Quantcast
2000th Member Giveaway! - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2000th Member Giveaway!

Deep dish pizza that my mom made in a huge pan that my dad made. If I can get the pan from the sister that has it I would try to make one like it!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Pork & Shrimp Egg Rolls with Peanut butter in the mix. I can still eat 7-8 in a sitting and yes it is a guilty pleasure I still enjoy.

Mom's homemade Meatballs with fresh spaghetti and homemade tomatosouce... only mom knows . i tryd about 10001 times. never gets as good even thou i know what she use.

Grandma's biscuits and gravy. Still could eat them every day.

Macaroni, bacon and tomatoes. A simple thing my grandma made for us and I still make it. It is pure comfort for me and a connection to fond memories.

Chips and salsa. My parents would get mad if I ate a tub of ice cream late at night, so they offered a large 3lb bag of chips with a 64 ounce bottle of la Victoria salsa as an alternate choice. Still one of my favorite snack foods, though now I tend to make my own salsa.

Lefse. It's a Norwegian potato flat bread. For a shamefully long time I thought everyone in America ate this during the holidays.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Anything my Oma (grandma) would make - all and only Dutch food. She was a little traditional and suspicious if it wasn't, you see, but still was a much better cook than my more open-minded mother. Boerenkool, snert, pannenkoeken, meat meth boterjus, oliebollen, rice pie and several other goodies. Sure I'd still like it, but she's not around anymore.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    peanut butter and banana sandwich. it has to have miracle whip on it tho.. I still make it every now and then. Damn I have to goto the store.
    Chewie's the man.

Rosti potatoes or "Potato pancakes" as my grandmother called them. still love it
    It's not the Answer it's the Experience