Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2000th Member Giveaway!

My fathers meatball's (from his off the boat Italian mother), if I happen by any day hen he's making sauce I'll still steal about 10-15 out of the pan and eat them fresh. I always see it as a waste when after frying they get dumped into the simmering sauce, as they are at there best stuck on a fork straight from the oil and lightly salted.

Campfire jaffles. Usually filled with leftovers from the niht before.

I'm not even sure I they exist in North America, but its a toasted sandwich cooked in a cast iron press that seals the edges to make a sort of sandwich pocket.

My favourite was always bolognese.

Baked chicken and rice

my grandmother's brisket and these crazy little oven fried potatoes

Roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, gravy. we ate that once a week my whole
    Childhood, my mum still makes it whenever we are all together.
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

For some reason, broccoli was my favorite, and while I still do like it, it's just a vegetable...

Childhood -- mainly bbq spare ribs. When very young (toddler) it was hot dogs.

Guess it's a pork thang

Italian cold cut sub with everything on it, hots, oil and vinegar...absolutely still eat them, usually 2-3 a month.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    My mom was/is a horrendous cook. However she did make me a meal out of this cheap little D.C. comics cookbook flyer thing. It was a Superman cheeseburger. Topped with a cheddar slice cut 5 sided and an S Superman logo.
    My dad was the good cook. Believe it or not my favorite of his was S.O.S. He told me when I got older, he'd tell me what it meant. We also had these killer "hobo dinners" all wrapped in foil that you'd throw in the campfire on a Boy Scout camping trip.
    "See... the problem here is that... my little brother, this morning, got his arm caught in the microwave, and uh... my grandmother dropped acid and she freaked out, and hijacked a school bus full of... penguins, so it's kind of a family crisis... so come back later? Great."
    -Lane Myer (Definitely not as in Oscar Mayer)

Pot roast & mashed. My Mom learned the recipe her father, who was a Navy cook in the 30's.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter