2000th Member Giveaway!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Reaction score
You guys all know what a big fan I am of vintage knives, especially the beautiful Forgecraft Chef Knives. Well, in celebration of our awesome community getting bigger everyday and hitting the 2000 mark, I'm giving away a Forgecraft Chef Knife that needs some love, but only in the cosmetics department. The profile is solid, the handle is tight, but there is some patina/surface rust that needs cleaning up. I was going to do it myself and sell it, but I know you guys are all curious about these great blades and have a desire to make a knife your own. Here's your chance!

A pic will follow shortly, but you all know what these are all about! Pure awesome vintage cutting fun!!!

To enter, just tell me your favourite food, as a kid, and whether or not it is still a guilty pleasure.

Mine was KD, and yes, you're damn right I still love it!

spaghetti with meat sauce made from ground beef and sausage. is this what you mean? btw, I still love it.

Yup! That was tied for my fave, come to think of it.

My mom used to make me grilled cheese and tomato soup, and call it gorilla cheese. How those sandwiches changed my life, wow. You better believe I still make a grilled cheese everyonce in awhile. I like to make deep fried finger grilled cheeses :D

Pyttipanna with fries eggs... and hell yeah it's something i can mow down like a bear!

Hamburgers. Still think burgers are one of the perfect foods.

Thanks, Lefty!

macaroni and cheese. good macaroni and cheese. and it's a still a pleasure, and in no way guilty.

Liverwurst on good bread, certainly still a guilty pleasure.

Macaroni and cheese with extra cheese. About 2500 calories a meal. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Deep dish pizza that my mom made in a huge pan that my dad made. If I can get the pan from the sister that has it I would try to make one like it!

Pork & Shrimp Egg Rolls with Peanut butter in the mix. I can still eat 7-8 in a sitting and yes it is a guilty pleasure I still enjoy.

Mom's homemade Meatballs with fresh spaghetti and homemade tomatosouce... only mom knows :). i tryd about 10001 times. never gets as good even thou i know what she use. :(

Grandma's biscuits and gravy. Still could eat them every day.

Macaroni, bacon and tomatoes. A simple thing my grandma made for us and I still make it. It is pure comfort for me and a connection to fond memories.

Chips and salsa. My parents would get mad if I ate a tub of ice cream late at night, so they offered a large 3lb bag of chips with a 64 ounce bottle of la Victoria salsa as an alternate choice. Still one of my favorite snack foods, though now I tend to make my own salsa.

Lefse. It's a Norwegian potato flat bread. For a shamefully long time I thought everyone in America ate this during the holidays.

k.

Anything my Oma (grandma) would make - all and only Dutch food. She was a little traditional and suspicious if it wasn't, you see, but still was a much better cook than my more open-minded mother. Boerenkool, snert, pannenkoeken, meat meth boterjus, oliebollen, rice pie and several other goodies. Sure I'd still like it, but she's not around anymore.

peanut butter and banana sandwich. it has to have miracle whip on it tho.. I still make it every now and then. Damn I have to goto the store.

Rosti potatoes or "Potato pancakes" as my grandmother called them. still love it

My fathers meatball's (from his off the boat Italian mother), if I happen by any day hen he's making sauce I'll still steal about 10-15 out of the pan and eat them fresh. I always see it as a waste when after frying they get dumped into the simmering sauce, as they are at there best stuck on a fork straight from the oil and lightly salted.

Campfire jaffles. Usually filled with leftovers from the niht before.

I'm not even sure I they exist in North America, but its a toasted sandwich cooked in a cast iron press that seals the edges to make a sort of sandwich pocket.

My favourite was always bolognese.

my grandmother's brisket and these crazy little oven fried potatoes

For some reason, broccoli was my favorite, and while I still do like it, it's just a vegetable...

My mom was/is a horrendous cook. However she did make me a meal out of this cheap little D.C. comics cookbook flyer thing. It was a Superman cheeseburger. Topped with a cheddar slice cut 5 sided and an S Superman logo.
My dad was the good cook. Believe it or not my favorite of his was S.O.S. He told me when I got older, he'd tell me what it meant. We also had these killer "hobo dinners" all wrapped in foil that you'd throw in the campfire on a Boy Scout camping trip.

Latest posts

Back