Quantcast
Suisin Inox bread knife
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suisin Inox bread knife

Suisin Inox bread knife

Anyone ever use one of these? I need a new bread knife because my Chroma Porsche SUCKS! The scallops fold over regularly because the steel is so soft. Anyways I am looking for a solid bread knife for not a ton of money. I also know the Tojiro ITk is a worthwhile look, does any one else have any recommendations at around $60 or less?

can you post a link to the inox bread knife? ive never heard of it.

I love my tojiro. If I had a pile of money I would get the Gude just to have one. Misono also makes an interesting one.

yeah ws that is it, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pumbaa View Post
    Anyone ever use one of these? I need a new bread knife because my Chroma Porsche SUCKS! The scallops fold over regularly because the steel is so soft. Anyways I am looking for a solid bread knife for not a ton of money. I also know the Tojiro ITk is a worthwhile look, does any one else have any recommendations at around $60 or less?
    I've had this knife back when I was working the line, great for harder crusty bread. Has a real toothy bite. Doesn't work well with softer bread, just rips it apart. Had it stolen , never used a bread knife again.

I am a pastry chef and do a ton of portioning, slicing, and breaking down of breads, cakes, and other items that a bread knife is the best solution for me.

I prefer bread knives wt. a little rocker.Three good ones are:

Tojiro ITK 270 not cheap but a good blade.

Mac 10" another expensive good bread knife

The bargin of the bunch Forschner 10.25 Wavy edge Fibrox Handle.Same blade rosewood handle costs more.Don't let the price fool you the 10.25 wavy edge flat out preforms many more expensive bread knives.

I have the Forschner Fibrox, it works very well for a very good price. but the steel is very soft.

that is my thing i use this thing a ton, my chroma porsche just rolls the scallops over. it drives me nuts trying to get them lined up every 2 days. i want something that will handle slicing baguette, foccacia, cake, tarts, and so on.

+ Reply to Thread