Quantcast
Japan's New Iron Chef heart throb Chairman
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Japan's New Iron Chef heart throb Chairman

Sponsors

Japan's New Iron Chef heart throb Chairman

I remember being 8 years old watching Iron Chef with my mom, fascinated by the show but thinking the chairman was the creepiest man on earth. After 13 years of the famous TV show being on hiatus, they decided to reboot the show on October 26th. Unfortunately, the original chairman Mr. Kaga will not be returning. In his place, one of Japan's heart throb actors will be taking his place.

"The show's basic structure won't change from the structure that made the first series a hit.

Because the original host's image is so strong, Tamaki wondered if he could be silly enough, Sanspo reports. He said he does want to succeed Kaga, however.

Online in Japan, the attitude towards this assembled cast seems mixed, with some calling this group "questionable". Many are saying that Tamaki is simply too young and too handsome for the chairman gig. What's more, he doesn't seem to be much of a gourmet food lover! Kaga was such a larger than life, over the top figure that he could really sell the show—and biting bell peppers. He's like an anime character brought to life.

The decision to go with Tamaki could change Iron Chef, as he seems to be your typical handsome Japanese dude without unique features per se that makes him stand out.

Then again, Tamaki could pull it off and make the new Iron Chef as popular as the old. It won't be until October 26, when the show debuts in Japan, that we find out. Stay tuned."
    http://kotaku.com/5951721/first-look-at-the-new-iron-chef-host-does-this-man-love-bell-peppers

But you see... The last time I saw this man, he was a deer in a Japanese tv show...

I apparently will never be able to see an Iron Chef Chairman like a normal human being.

Does anyone plan to watch?

Hehe... has it really been in hiatus for 13 years? I remember watching it when I was in Japan so I must have been seeing the final years then. Actually, I didn't know it hasn't been on since.

The new guy is supposed to be 'handsome' - really? Is that common consensus or simply hearsay? Looks pretty normal. ... Anyway, of course Kaga was the best. He was just over-the-top ridiculous, almost like he wasn't at all interested in a cooking show and so sought to make an impression despite it all.

Apparently there's been a US version since then, and I say 'apparently' because I've never seen it. Heck, there've probably been versions in other countries as well. Any good? At least I'd understand the language better, although the original Japanese version was still entertaining enough if you can't understand what was said.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    In the states there was a dubbed version, and still the best one. I don't mind the American one, I just have got tired of some of the grand standing of the chef and nothing about the food they are making. Lol the worse one was hosted by William Shatner before the one on food network started.
    Chewie's the man.

Sponsors
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Sharp View Post
    Hehe... has it really been in hiatus for 13 years? I remember watching it when I was in Japan so I must have been seeing the final years then. Actually, I didn't know it hasn't been on since.

The new guy is supposed to be 'handsome' - really? Is that common consensus or simply hearsay? Looks pretty normal. ... Anyway, of course Kaga was the best. He was just over-the-top ridiculous, almost like he wasn't at all interested in a cooking show and so sought to make an impression despite it all.

Apparently there's been a US version since then, and I say 'apparently' because I've never seen it. Heck, there've probably been versions in other countries as well. Any good? At least I'd understand the language better, although the original Japanese version was still entertaining enough if you can't understand what was said.
    Him being attractive is simply hearsay. All I see is deer-man. LOL I've actually never watched the US versions either, but I hear theres a Thai Iron Chef. I wondered if Iron Chef showed in other countries, so I decided to research...

I can't find other countries that air it... but! I DID find out that the Chairman, Takeshi Kaga, was really an actor whose credits include a voice on the Japanese version of Pokemon. LOL

I love watching the Japanese iron chef. i collect the episodes actually.

But i don't think they can make it as good as the old one.

American and uk iron chef sucked ...

Who are the new iron chefs? Will Masamoto return as iron chef Japan?

If I can find a way to watch this, I will. Tamaki will have to play a new, different character, Kaga was too ridiculous and over the top to be replicated.

holy hog balls... this is the best thing to happen to tv since... IRON CHEF!

Old Japanese episodes are still aired here in OZ . I'm usually pretty impressed with what they can accomplish in the 1 hour.
    The original iron chef Japanese Roksaburo Michiba is simply awesome to watch!

くそ!

I'm working 8:00-9:00PM on Fridays.

Might be time to get a recorder of some kind, but maybe not. There's nothing else on TV I actually want to watch, save the odd 'Made in Japan' when someone I know is on.

I don't think that's good enough to buy something to record TV with though. Hopefully it'll tank by just enough they'll change the time slot.

Stu.

+ Reply to Thread