Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exploring New Payment Methods

cclin, it sounds like it basically would take my fees and throw them on you guys, which definitely isn't right. Thanks, though!

Maybe I just have to bite the bullet. I already have a friend of mine, in the area willing to go **** on their lawn. Hahah
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

You need to take the fees (PayPal or others) into account as an 'overhead' expense when pricing your product, and not have them come out of 'profit.' Just like I would hope makers/ vendors factor in credit card fees, etc. when pricing their goods. Maybe look into one of the CC processing companies, as the fees may be less the PayPal's fees.

In the end, you will balance the pricing on your products to make sure you earn 'x' consistantly. But do it sooner rather then later. If the fees continue to come out of your pocket, you need to raise output/ sales 20% just to stay at your intended income level.

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    I use PayPal for my shopping cart and they are consistently at 2.97% each month. On the other hand, I use Advanced Merchant Systems (through HSBC bank) for my merchant account and that is a little over 3% before their ad-ons which are not related to the actual fees. If you are paying anything much above 3% you need to refigure your monthly statement to see what is happening. The world or credit card fees is more competitive that most any field I know of and you can negotiate your way down with just a few calls.

Thanks guys. I've looked around and it seems the fees are not the biggest issue, it's more whether or not people would be ok with a different method of payment. Paypal's love of freezing accounts and calling early in the morning just seem to wear on my nerves.

I hope I'm not alone here. Haha
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com