chevron gyuto for EE

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevinT

Reaction score
52100 & 15N20 chevron patterned damascus 270 gyuto.

Ironwood handle with mokume ferrule and butt cap with ivory micarta spacers.

I haven't made a knife for about 6 weeks due to illness and a broken press. Thought I'd post this one to let everyone that I'm still alive.

Love and respect

Hoss

001.jpg

Was wondering what happened to ya Hoss, we hadn't heard from you in so long. Hope you are feeling better.

fantastic knife as always:thumbsup:! Get well soon! take care!

Wow, that looks beautiful! I hope you're feeling better now.

Oh man,now I feel like a jerk for harrassing you. Hope your feeling better, beautiful knife!

Out of curiosity Devin, what pattern is the most difficult for you to produce? Are they all equally time consuming? What happens if you make a mistake when trying to produce your feather or herringbone pattern (for example), where a mistake would be particularly obvious? Do you have to start over from scratch?

Hope health and press are full speed soon

Out of curiosity Devin, what pattern is the most difficult for you to produce? Are they all equally time consuming? What happens if you make a mistake when trying to produce your feather or herringbone pattern (for example), where a mistake would be particularly obvious? Do you have to start over from scratch?

Composite patterns are the most difficult to make. Stainless is also much harder to make than carbon mixes.

When there is a flaw we throw it in the scrap pile and start over or try to make a smaller knife out of what is still good.

Hoss

Gorgeous knife as always Devin. Hope you are feeling better.

Amazing work Devin!! Best wishes, and glad to see you coming back strong.

WOW! when you come back you come back STRONG! Good to hear you're feeling better.

Wow! That would be worth a trip to EE to see that one.

Hope you're feeling better.

Back