Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My weird week, Not as bad as Colin's

As some one who has eaten cat , it really isn't that bad. kind of a white meat with a soft chicken like texture. By the way never eat at a Chinese restaurant in Mexicali. It ain't chicken. you will notice in a city of almost a million people no stray cats walking around in Chinatown.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    ... she is getting rid of the two feral cats and giving one of the other cats to her sister, so we will be down to one. Now I just have to figure out how to get rid of that one.
    pm for details....

I kid, I kid.

Son have you ever had Cho Sao Xa Ot? I had a freind whose wife made some for a dinner I was invited to. I ate enogh to be polite, but did not clean my plate as I was afraid it would be construed as a request for more. It was certainly tasty with the lemon grass and chiles, but I could not get past the idea. Purley a cultural taboo, but not something I would want again.

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!!
    A barbeque believer will not profane pork by boiling, liquid-smoking, submeging in sous-vide, or affirm with those who do.

Name:  cat_grinder_card-p137716773840748517envwi_400.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  20.2 KB
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Glad you made it through the week, Son.

What a story!

Some guys have all the fun... But seriously, take care of yourself. I would say come to Hawaii because it's more relaxed, but broke and Hawaii don't mix well... Oh, and I am a dog person, so I don't care how many cats you kill

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by hax9215 View Post
    Son have you ever had Cho Sao Xa Ot? I had a freind whose wife made some for a dinner I was invited to. I ate enogh to be polite, but did not clean my plate as I was afraid it would be construed as a request for more. It was certainly tasty with the lemon grass and chiles, but I could not get past the idea. Purley a cultural taboo, but not something I would want again.

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!!
    That is more a North Vietnamese Thing, most of the Vietnamese I grew up with were from South Vietnam and that really doesn't fly around them. They always call Northern Vietnamese dog eaters. lol I have eaten it among some very old school traditional Native Cheyenne and I have had puppy soup during a Kickapoo ceremony, both times refusing would have been a great,great insult as they were for very traditional and old ceremonies. The elders and the shamans would have been shamed and insulted and my standing in the community would have ended. I really didn't care for it as, I found the meat to be rather stringy and a little greasy, except the puppy, it was so tender the meat just fell off the bone. It was a puppy after all.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Mmmm, dog veal

although I grew up around dogs and cats, we did not have any pets other then fish until we took in a stray cat when I was about 12 or 13. We had 1-2 cats for the next dozen or so years. I've been pet-free ever since. But the nice thing about a cat was it could be left alone for a day or so, which is much harder to do with a dog -- at least in the area where I live -- as you will get locked up in jail if you leave a dog tied up outside all day long. But I guess that's still better then leaving a dog tied up outside, then returning at the end of the day and finding out your neighbor ate it.

Not a great week for me either. My Sous Chef of 8 years gave notice. Oh, and my wife of 26 filed for divorce.

Son - I hope things turn around for ya and damn Salty that's a tough one/two punch to take. That makes my hitting a deer last week seem trivial. And I thought that whole "retrograde" thing had moved on by now . . . .