• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S Mizuno 240mm Wa-Gyuto & Mizuno 270mm Fuguhiki Blue #1 DX

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Messy Jesse

Reaction score
I'm offering up two of my Mizunos. I've had my fun with them and now I feel like it's time to pass them on for someone else to try. Both used in a pro kitchen, the handles and sayas have darkened and there's solid patina on both blades.

Mizuno 240mm Wa-Gyuto Blue #2 - $200 shipped

Mizuno 270mm Fuguhiki Blue #1 DX - $300 shipped

Please msg me with any questions you have, or if you require additional photos.

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

What are you getting next, Jesse? Shige yanagi one more time? Or Kato yanagi?

Gyuto SPF.

I have another Shig yanagi that's just the one for me. I really liked this Mizuno fugu just as a different "flavor". Great knife, and the Mizuno Blue 1 DX steel is amazing!

So the Fuguhiki has me wondering. Has it ever seen blowfish????:fanning:

From what I can see in the pic's (I looked it up on Japanese chef knives) I am wondering is it truly a single bevel?

So the Fuguhiki has me wondering. Has it ever seen blowfish????:fanning:

From what I can see in the pic's (I looked it up on Japanese chef knives) I am wondering is it truly a single bevel?

It certainly looks like a single bevel in MJ's pics.

:newhere::peepwall:

I know it was a noob question, but every time I think a knife is single it's not. It has a weird 95/5 geometry. Also the website wasn't any help either.
Ty.

:newhere::peepwall:

I know it was a noob question, but every time I think a knife is single it's not. It has a weird 95/5 geometry. Also the website wasn't any help either.
Ty.

i'm sorry, i really didn't mean to be a jerk. chalk it up to cooking when your off hand index finger is all effed up.

The Fuguhiki is a true single bevelled knife. Mizuno was the first to produce a fugu-specific knife and thus donned the blowfish engraving.

It's exactly like a yanagiba, just narrower from spine to edge and thinner at the spine, making the tip very thin and nimble.

But did you use it on blowfish?

Btw I am considering buying, I just don't think I will ever use it for blowfish. Either way very cool knife.

No. I only slice Hiramasa Kingfish and Scallops at work. Works like a charm!

Back