went to Korin on Tuesday

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
After the events of The previous week I decided to head to Korin. I haven't been there in a long while. I decided to bring my deba and the chuckabocho that I just got and have Mister Sugai take a look at it and see if he could tell me more about it and to work a little stone magic. I forgot that he was on his way to Japan and wouldn't be getting back until November some time.
I decided to finally meet Mari. I got a bonus in that I got to meet the beautiful and gracious Ms. Kawano and the cute and bubbly Mari at the same time. Ms. Kawano helped me with a little more information about my knives and wrote down the Kanji, so that she could do some more research. She assured me that the Kanji on the both knives were hand done and of exceptional quality. She said that the quality of the Kanji can greatly affect the value of a knife and that the Kanji on these knives were beautiful. I hope she will be able to find out more .
I spent about a hour talking to them on varied subjects from politics, family, love travels, Taboos of a personal nature and many other things. I also got to hear many stories of our little Mari growing up and the mischief she got into. When I say little Mari, I mean little Mari. She isn't any bigger than a minute. I actually remember Mari when she and Vincent, Mr. Sugai's apprentice where little kids playing hide and seek under the stores shelves and getting under foot of the customers.
All in all it was a good day and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Both of them were so, gracious and genuine. I haven't seen that in a long time especially here in NYC. I left feeling like family and will definitely return. Hopefully, soon. I didn't pick up anything for myself except a few new friendships. I think I made out on the deal.lol
Thank you very much Mari and Ms. Kawano

Sounds like a fun visit....and much information gathered that could be leveraged later. :lol2:

Oh I plan on exploiting this knowledge and Ms. Kawano gave her approval. Mari is aware.

I don't know how I missed this. Thank you so much for stopping by to say hi! It was such a pleasure meeting you and talking to you. Your bracelets and necklaces were so awesome. Yes, please come back and visit us again soon. I forgot to ask you which restaurant you were at, so I can go. :D

I'll let you know when Mr. Sugai comes back and fixes up your knives. :)

And about the childhood stories... OH NOOOOOOO!! LOL

Back