"Fish" Knife is Asking, "Where did I come from?"

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Reaction score
This work of rustic elegance is now in my possession, however, I know it's travelled through the hands and homes of a few members here.

AC035CE9-07D8-440F-9385-D6E98ABD0C57-12226-000011764E693E74.jpg

The grind is very lefty biased, which takes a very nice knife and, in my case, turns it into an absolute treat to use. Nothing sticks, it's a very nice steel that takes a beautiful polish, and at 4mm or so, at the spine, cuts like a much thinner knife.

0B5EDE05-5C9B-4CF8-8575-C9620CAAC1C3-12226-000011765765967D.jpg

I'm thinking of changing the tip, and adding some distal taper, or rather thinning the tip portion out. However, with a knife that holds a fair bit of history, would I be wrong to do so? I know, through some researching, that it has been owned by Mattrud, Chuck239, BPrescott, Pensacola Tiger (Rick), and myself. However, I'd love to find out if anyone else has had it, and if so, can you fill me in on the gaps?

I'd also love for the old owners to let me know what they remember about it, and just anything, really. Fish is a legend, and I consider myself very lucky to have a knife that he made the handle for and modified, very nicely.

Thanks, Rick for making this possible! :D

is that a Takagi Honyaki? i don't think there is anything wrong with changing the geometry and profile. it's your knife, it should cut how you want it to. that handle is a real looker.

I actually like the edge profile, but the overall shape is a tad off, for me. What I'll do is post a pic directly overhead, for a true profile shot, and then I'll tape off what I plan on grinding off, to create my ideal tip. I'll see what you guys think and go from there, but I think I agree. From there, I'll thin out the last 2 or so inches and repolish the blade road.

Believe it or not, it's a Roselli from 2006, I believe. Looks an awful lot like a Takagi, though, doesn't it? The steel reminds me a fair bit of blue steel, but it's actually Krupp W75 Carbon steel. So far, it seems like great stuff.

Latest posts

Back